Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2016, 01:26 AM   #71
Coralyn

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue 2SS / DD:'07 Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Fo12ce View Post
I ended up going with Nano Skin. Not as well marketed as the Xpel brand but very good and I'm very happy with it. I did the whole hood, whole fenders, head lights, mirrors, rockers and had a custom piece made for the rear fender flare. It was all cut from a patter except the custom piece of course. It's very glossy and flat, has no orange peel. If you are in the OC or LA area I can give you the installers info. He was very detail oriented.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm in LA, thinking about this - where did you get it done?

Daily Driver: 2007 Honda Odyssey (Gotta put the kids somewhere!)
Coralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #72
Byrrmrse

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Mosaic Black 6MT MRC
I did the entire nose in Xpel ultimate and coustom piece for back bumper. i have a black car and was getting scratches and swirl marks. I had car detailed then Xpel counld'nt be happier, as another member said wish i got it done right after leaving dealer.
Byrrmrse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #73
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
GP86 where did you have your Xpel installed? I'm looking for installation In A2 and surrounding areas. PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks!

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #74
Coralyn

Got my Xpel done on Tuesday. Entire front end - full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights, fog lights plus door edges. They also added door cups for me and cut a custom piece for the black hood inserts. $1,800. Very high end place in Los Angeles. I was so nervous but they washed her very well, clayed her, applied it in what is basically a sealed garage. I think I will add to it - may get the luggage area in the back as well, wish I had done it but I was already spending enough. They had a McLaren, Ferrari & Bentley in there when I went in, so I HOPED anyway that they would do a good job. Reviews were all positive and the people were great. Only noticed 2 spots under the film when I picked her up and it was paint defect not dirt. Very pleased.

Question - they said to use soap & water or to buy the special Xpel cleaner. BUT - can you apply other products to it? I'm thinking of Blackfire crystal seal or Adam's Polishes H20 Guard & Gloss? Things you use on your whole car after cleaning it? What a pain in the ass to avoid the area with the Xpel? I'm hoping you just clean the whole car the same way? Any thoughts on cleaning the car with Xpel on it appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #75
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
I've always treated my clear bra the same as paint. No issues.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #76
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
I've always treated my clear bra the same as paint. No issues.
Correct, no polish, but any sealant works fine.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #77
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralyn View Post
Got my Xpel done on Tuesday. Entire front end - full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights, fog lights plus door edges. They also added door cups for me and cut a custom piece for the black hood inserts. $1,800. Very high end place in Los Angeles. I was so nervous but they washed her very well, clayed her, applied it in what is basically a sealed garage. I think I will add to it - may get the luggage area in the back as well, wish I had done it but I was already spending enough. They had a McLaren, Ferrari & Bentley in there when I went in, so I HOPED anyway that they would do a good job. Reviews were all positive and the people were great. Only noticed 2 spots under the film when I picked her up and it was paint defect not dirt. Very pleased.

Question - they said to use soap & water or to buy the special Xpel cleaner. BUT - can you apply other products to it? I'm thinking of Blackfire crystal seal or Adam's Polishes H20 Guard & Gloss? Things you use on your whole car after cleaning it? What a pain in the ass to avoid the area with the Xpel? I'm hoping you just clean the whole car the same way? Any thoughts on cleaning the car with Xpel on it appreciated. Thanks.
pictures !?!@? cup holders? pictures?
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #78
USRobo

Drives: 2004 Corvette / 2017 2SS Camaro
Just got a price of $675 to put Xpel on the front clip of SS Camaro. This includes the entire front of the car with the exception of the hood (the part that opens). Is this a good price?
Thanks,
USRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #79
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRobo View Post
Just got a price of $675 to put Xpel on the front clip of SS Camaro. This includes the entire front of the car with the exception of the hood (the part that opens). Is this a good price?
Thanks,
Yup, fair..... Camaros front end is a bitch to do .......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #80
Coralyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
pictures !?!@? cup holders? pictures?
Door cups are the area under the door handles - they scratch easily from fingernails and keys (although with these new cars who even gets their keys out?). But it's an area of the car you don't think about and I was happy they did the area for me.

As far as pics go - it's really hard to photograph xpel because it's not noticeable! Here's a pic anyway, cause I love to take pics of her. Hyper Blue looks just as good with Xpel as it did without.
Attached Images