Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 01-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
Trying to figure out 1LT vs 2LT compared to 1SS vs 2SS

I am having a hard time figuring out if I'm missing something... The price difference on the 1LT vs 2LT with the exact same configurations are ~6500 whereas the difference from 1SS to 2SS is ~5000. Are there more differences between 1LT and 2LT that perhaps are already included in a 1SS (and therefore not included in the 2SS differential?)... Ex. I would understand if for example the 1SS already have the 9 bose speakers upgrade, and therefore the 2SS is less of a jump... but as far as I know its the exact same upgrade?

Or is it just based on economics / supply demand.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
I think one of those is the LCD screen in the instrument cluster... the 1SS gets the same screen as 2SS, whereas the base LT gets a much smaller credit card sized screen in instrument binacle.

Last edited by aa406079; 01-14-2016 at 05:37 PM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out if I'm missing something... The price difference on the 1LT vs 2LT with the exact same configurations are ~6500 whereas the difference from 1SS to 2SS is ~5000. Are there more differences between 1LT and 2LT that perhaps are already included in a 1SS (and therefore not included in the 2SS differential?)... Ex. I would understand if for example the 1SS already have the 9 bose speakers upgrade, and therefore the 2SS is less of a jump... but as far as I know its the exact same upgrade?

Or is it just based on economics / supply demand.
I think there's less difference in the SS's as there are not a lot of options (not counting cosmetic options, i.e. stipes, etc.) everything comes standard, unlike in the LT's.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #4
stevstevd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I think there's less difference in the SS's as there are not a lot of options (not counting cosmetic options, i.e. stipes, etc.) everything comes standard, unlike in the LT's.
that's what I'm trying to figure out... from everything I can read, the upgrade is the same (ie - leather, sound, blind spot, etc)... So all I can think is that it's a supply demand thing. Seems as though the big sellers would be 1LT and 2SS... going 2LT is a steep upgrade, however staying at 1SS over 2SS is relatively low cost savings and only those who actually dislike leather for example would stay at 1SS.

At least that's my thinking.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
stevstevd

Now I'm really confused... It seems that the 2ss upgrade over 1ss actually gives you more than what the 2lt gets you over the 1lt... EX... going to 2lt you don't get spectrum lighting, side blind spot, rear park assist, etc... You'd actually need to spend another 3k for that...

So am I missing something? it costs nearly 10k to get the same upgrade from 1LT to 2LT as you get from going 1ss to 2ss for about 5k?
Old 01-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
They are giving you every reason to get the SS - Take it

A loaded V6 pretty much costs the same as a 1SS.
Good marketing.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #7
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Now I'm really confused... It seems that the 2ss upgrade over 1ss actually gives you more than what the 2lt gets you over the 1lt... EX... going to 2lt you don't get spectrum lighting, side blind spot, rear park assist, etc... You'd actually need to spend another 3k for that...

So am I missing something? it costs nearly 10k to get the same upgrade from 1LT to 2LT as you get from going 1ss to 2ss for about 5k?
I have a loaded 2LT RS V6. I got pretty much every option except NPP dual exhaust and MRC.
My MSRP was $39,600

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Go to Chevrolet.com, find the button for "compare trims"...all you need and you can print it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Go to Chevrolet.com, find the button for "compare trims"...all you need and you can print it.
Listen to Glen e.
PLUS, keep in mind if you go 2SS, you're getting pretty much every option included because its a 2SS.

1LT = Bare Bones V6

2LT = Loaded V6 (with options selected) Auto, Ltg & Conv. Package, RS Package, Bright Aluminum Wheels, Navigation

1SS = Bare Bones V8

2SS = Pretty much Loaded V8 except the NPP dual exhaust and MRC

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #10
stevstevd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post

Good marketing.
Agreed.. If I was tempted to get a 2lt with convenience and lighting etc I would easily not only go to a 1ss but also jump another 5k and get the 2ss. Although my finances don't allow for it plus it would be a daily driver. I think the 1lt is an easy choice for me.... I'll get the rs upgrade npp and tech package too. Comes out to 37k.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 AM   #11
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post

Good marketing.
That's always been the way in the automotive industry.

Quote:
Agreed.. If I was tempted to get a 2lt with convenience and lighting etc I would easily not only go to a 1ss but also jump another 5k and get the 2ss. Although my finances don't allow for it plus it would be a daily driver. I think the 1lt is an easy choice for me.... I'll get the rs upgrade npp and tech package too. Comes out to 37k.
In the end it all comes down to finances (of course), but also comparing the two models and asking yourself..."Do I really need that, and will I use it?" referring to a paticular feature and/or option.

Whatever decision YOU make will suit YOUR needs, and I'm sure you'll make the right one, once you make your "pros & cons" and/or "need & could do without" lists.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:35 AM   #12
stevstevd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
That's always been the way in the automotive industry.

In the end it all comes down to finances (of course), but also comparing the two models and asking yourself..."Do I really need that, and will I use it?" referring to a paticular feature and/or option.

Whatever decision YOU make will suit YOUR needs, and I'm sure you'll make the right one, once you make your "pros & cons" and/or "need & could do without" lists.
'do I really need that' the answer is always no. Will I use it, the answer is always yes!

I'd love the back up sensors and blind spot warning... I'd use it, but can make do without it. I'd love the lighting... But it certainly isn't worth the extra $. Heated seats etc... Yes, I'd use it, I use it on my car all the time, but don't need it. I'd love leather too.

All and all, I'd pay the 5k to get the upgrade from 1ss to 2ss... However I can't justify the 10k to get it from 1LT to 2LT. So my reasoning is now 'is it worth getting SS over LT. And for me that answer is a no. I don't need that much power (yet)... For now, it's just making my commute to work just a little more exciting. And getting a 1LT will make it a HELL of a lot more exciting.

Although, my neighbour owns 2 brand new Lamborghinis, lol. He got them delivered a couple months ago.... So I'll always want more.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 AM   #13
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I agree with your reasoning, I think the same way.
The 1LT with the V6 would have made me happy but the V8 is really what made my heart race. So I decided to go for it, it is at the top of my price limit but the smiles per hour will be worth it.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote