Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
n8figz

Drives: '06 Saturn Ion Redline w/ Comp Pkg
Question MSRP Dealerships in NC - RDU/Triangle & Johnston County?

Hi, 1st post. I've been researching dealerships to put an order in for a 2023 SS1LE. Targeting the Triangle/Wake/Johnston area in NC, but haven't been able to find many member experiences for this area on the forums.

On the corvette boards, it's pretty unanimous to avoid Hendrick in Cary.

Saw Sir Walter Chevy near Raleigh had been selling C8's at MSRP.

The only other locations I could find were Jeff Gordon Chevy in Wilmington, and Rick Hendrick in Charlotte, but those are both about 2 hours away from RDU area.

Hopefully someone can chime in from my area with a decent/recommended dealership
n8figz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #2
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I'll chime in.

I ordered mine at the end of August in 2020, so take that with a grain of salt. But at the time, I canvased the entire area within an 100 mile radius of RDU. Invited dealers to give me price bids on my build. Got bids from 10 dealers.

Hiester Chevrolet in Fuquay Varina had the best price. Contact Scott Merritt and tell him the Red Camaro SS1LE owner from Cary (the one he delivered to my house in October 2020) sent you. He orders all their Vettes and Camaros and is a total professional and a true joy to work with. Made the process easy, didn't try and do any bait and switch, kept me informed. It was like night and day difference versus my experience with other dealers.

Remember also that in order to actually order your car, the dealer has to be able to get an allocation (a Camaro SS allocation). Not every dealer can (despite what they might otherwise promise), as it's based on their previous Camaro sales. Not sure how the allocation game has changed because of chip shortages, but be sure to ask any dealer you contact about how many allocations they are getting a month for Camaro SS model.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:42 PM   #3
n8figz

Drives: '06 Saturn Ion Redline w/ Comp Pkg
Awesome! Thank you for the input. I'll reach out to them and see what happens.

For anyone in my area: I had a good initial experience with J&M Chevrolet in Zebulon, though they aren't a high-volume Camaro seller, so allocation is my biggest concern.

Haven't decided on who I'll go with yet as I'm working on negotiating the best OTD I'm able to get, but at least there's a sliver of hope now.
n8figz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
jandrew28

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2 SS Convertible
Would Definitely avoid Hendrick, I reached out to them about a couple of Camaros they've had and they were "market adjusting" the price up $2000 to $3000 late last year, even on customer ordered builds.
jandrew28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:23 PM   #5
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew28 View Post
Would Definitely avoid Hendrick, I reached out to them about a couple of Camaros they've had and they were "market adjusting" the price up $2000 to $3000 late last year, even on customer ordered builds.
I second this. Of the 8 dealers I got to give me bids on my 1LE order, Hendrick in Cary seemed the least interested in discounting, did not reply by my timeline, and was the most expensive (least discounted, like a few hundred off the MSRP at most; by comparison the best priced dealer was over $2000 off MSRP). This was apples to apples, as I was not doing a trade in, all prices included any dealer added fees, and any manufacturer discount would be applied separately at time of vehicle delivery.

It must be that most of the buyers in the Cary area don't try to negotiate much, so Hendrick doesn't need to in order to sell their cars.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote