Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Where To Park?
Park Under Tree Protected From Sun But Gets Dirty 15 29.41%
Park Under The Sun But Car Doesn't Get Dirty As Quick 36 70.59%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2016, 09:10 PM   #15
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
No tree ever, along with the aforementioned bird crap and tree sap, there is also the obvious....wait for it.....broken random tree branches big enough to actually do some decent damage
Old 09-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #16
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Well it depends on the tree so it's kinda hard to answer, but most likely no to trees. Don't want any crazy stuff falling on my car such as branches, tree sap or any other debris that could cause damage. My car is mostly garaged so a little sun here or there won't hurt it.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #17
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Trees are just evil.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #18
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
i try to avoid trees. got some toxic bird crap on my car just recently that actually damaged my vinyl stripes. literally started to dissolve them.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #19
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
It's the pine trees that produce the stickiest sap. And the freakin needles find their way into everywhere. And birds love to nest in them, the predators give up trying to crawl through the branches. And the winds are kept at bay throughout the winter.

Deciduous trees, not so much crap until fall or a big storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Sap and those big walnuts can dent your hood. Shade, but not under the tree.
You would be hard pressed to park under a walnut tree.

If you mean acorns we were driving through a national park in Kentucky. One lane gravel path. As I am crawling along suddenly the wind kicked up and it sounded as if hail was hitting the Camaro. I was WTH? My wife laughs and says, "Acorns". The squirrels were laughing and pointing at me. "Panicker" they chirped.
No dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Trees are just evil.
That is why we must destroy the rain forest. We can't have the natural disease curing elements when we can pay pharmaceutical companies to develop life extending non-cures.
Not to mention all the damn oxygen they produce.
And the spiders.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I hate to inject fact here, but most of the oxygen in the atmosphere is created by phytoplankton in the ocean. but go ahead, continue your rant. being as you don't really know what your talking about, I won't even get into all the "miracle cure" nonsense.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #21
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I hate to inject fact here, but most of the oxygen in the atmosphere is created by phytoplankton in the ocean. but go ahead, continue your rant. being as you don't really know what your talking about, I won't even get into all the "miracle cure" nonsense.
Well then, carry on with the deforestation.

How are the oceans holding up?
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Slightly off- topic, but you NEED to know this:

A few days ago, after yet another intense shitstorm from the local jerk birds, I decided to do a little math. I calculated the frequency of the oozing goo that lands on my car when parked in the open, the square inches covered as a percentage of the horizontal surface area of my car, and then, by plugging in known surface area of the planet, river flows, etc., came to the vaguely scientific conclusion that, if birdshit falls at a similar rate worldwide as it falls on my car, that the equivalent flow is very close to the flow of the Colorado river.

Personally, if given the choice, I'd prefer that it all flow in one giant river somewhere (oh, and if only I could choose WHERE, too...), and let me go without having to remove any more constant poo bombs from above.

Back to topic: Prefer to park AWAY from trees. Most trees in my area are evergreen/ coniferous, and they drop large sap, in addition to a sort of sappy mist (which is sticky enough to attract dirt, thus filthifying the car quite thoroughly). And, birds DO drop a lot more poo on a car that's under a tree. I think birds crap at a pretty constant rate: When they fly past, it's just a quick strafing... but when they find a nice, comfortable branch to sit on, the flow doesn't stop...

You may gather--- correctly--- that I have developed a hearty disdain for our feathered fiends.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote