Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2024, 01:37 PM   #15
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
It’s not just the Dodge folks anymore. On FB it’s Zl1 being stolen damn near every day. How they do it depends on where you live, some more violent than others. But they definitely disable onstar and the alarm in seconds. It’s someone payin these dudes to go out and steal certain cars and paying them paying them cash. Normally it’s real young dudes because they’ll get a slap on the wrist
OnStar, in my opinion, is good only for remote commands and the price it’s at is not worth it especially when for me it takes a few attempts to send a command.

The tracker is ok, but agreed on it being useless in a situation in it being stolen. I’ve seen a few get gutted and dropped on the side of the road but I’ve also seen an uptick of these cars just getting ridden the hell out of and at those car-scenes.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:38 PM   #16
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
Gotta agree. What was wrong with the tried and true method of using a key in a lock cylinder like has been done for 100+ years? I guess it was just too simple effective, so someone had to make it "better".
Let us not forget, cars were being stolen long before push buttons and keyless entry. We all have to secure our cars using multiple layers of protection. Think, military hardening of critical infrastructure. To accomplish they employ multiple layers. Visual deterrents, out of sight out of mind (ie garage), Faraday enclosures (I made my own using a can and aluminum tape), trackers, immobilizers, and whatever else you can use to make it more difficult for these idiots. This weekend, my brother-in-law gave me a stern warning about protecting my car. He hears a lot of stories working at an auto parts store.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:00 PM   #17
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
Let us not forget, cars were being stolen long before push buttons and keyless entry. We all have to secure our cars using multiple layers of protection. Think, military hardening of critical infrastructure. To accomplish they employ multiple layers. Visual deterrents, out of sight out of mind (ie garage), Faraday enclosures (I made my own using a can and aluminum tape), trackers, immobilizers, and whatever else you can use to make it more difficult for these idiots. This weekend, my brother-in-law gave me a stern warning about protecting my car. He hears a lot of stories working at an auto parts store.
Damn shame but you’re correct!! Then when you cap one these mfers you can go to jail if you don’t articulate properly 👀👀. People trip me out when they say why keep getting these cars and be a target!! I’ll be DAMN if I these people dictate wtf I drive shiidddddd.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:04 PM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
We're not forgetting...just stating that having a keyed ignition makes it more difficult. If they really want the car bad enough they are going to simply hook up to it and tow it. The idea is to not make theft easier in exchange for convenience. I would gladly take a key over push button start on my weekend toy.

Same reason why I lock the deadbolt every night on the door that leads to my garage. Remote garage door openers are not my idea of "secure". It's convenient at the expense of secure. Most get away with, some don't.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:09 PM   #19
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I go with the strategically placed razor blade when unattended for long periods. No pain no gain! It shows up really well on the white!
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:55 PM   #20
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
I had the Ravelco Anti Theft System installed on my Chevy SS. I wouldn't hesitate to get that again, if it was only closer for me to get done. Simple little plug to pull and put in your pocket. There is no starting the car without that plug.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:35 PM   #21
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
I go with the strategically placed razor blade when unattended for long periods. No pain no gain! It shows up really well on the white!
Hope you aren't forgetful, brother

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:56 PM   #22
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hope you aren't forgetful, brother
I am not, and hot glue can be your friend.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:05 PM   #23
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Another reason not to have iphone.. no unauthorized airtag internet access.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:05 PM   #24
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post

In today's world, You can and WILL get sued for that if someone gets injured!! An with the way this country is going and the Communist Party Libs / Dems protecting Criminals (cause most of them are), There will be a judge or jury that sides against your for setting up a dangerous situation like that.

2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:21 PM   #25
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
My car is manual and I use one of these on the brake pedal.

They're not getting this $hit off. I also throw a club on the steering wheel for added insurance.

A thief will absolutely get it if they want it, but they're gonna have to use an electric saw and hack at it for at least half an hour and go through several blades. ...and there's really not enough cabin room under the dash to get in there and go to work. If someone gets that off, then quite frankly, they've earned my car.
Attached Images

NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:15 PM   #26
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
The key is don't make yourself the easiest target, use several layers and make sure at least one or two are visible to prevent the initial attack... It is just like your house, if you have 15 houses on your street and none of them have any lights on at night and you have several lights on throughout the night, you probably don't have much to worry about... You don't have to be the absolutely most secure, you just need to give them enough pause to "move on down the road" to an easier target, and they will, criminals are notoriously lazy (hence why they are criminals and not "Hard Working American's")...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:45 PM   #27
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
To second what someone else said if they want your car bad enough they can tow it. However to defeat less aggressive tactics it's best to employ multi layer defenses. As for booting your own vehicle, that's a small hiccup. The keys for those are readily available, but again employed with other things will allow a thief down. The idea is to make it so time consuming that a thief will give up. The longer the spend trying to steal it the more likely they will be caught. Then there is the carjacking scenario to be thought about. I would recommend everyone look into at least a an aftermarket alarm like Compustar and a IGLA that provides coverage and alerting for a multitude of situations which can also include carjacking while still retaining convience like remote start and proximity unlocking.
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:03 PM   #28
CalgaryZL1

In today’s world, I am from Canada. Good luck getting any authority to convict you never mind pay their taxes.