Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #43
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS71 View Post
I read this entire thread solely for the entertainment value.
Me too. OP still makes me sad.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #44
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I had a 2013 5th Gen with almost $2000 worth of accessories. I now have a 2018 6th Gen and guess what? The dimensions of the 6th Gen are just slightly different from the 5th Gen so almost none of the accessories will fit. That means that eventually I will need to spend another $2000 or so to match the Gen 5. The Love the Drive Windscreen is narrower for the 6th. The windshield sun screen is no where near the size of the 5th Gen windshield. The floor mats and the Cargo mat are too big to fit the 6th. The cargo net is no where near the right size. And, of course, the RoboForm CAI and key fob covers don't fit. I have been able to get the external mirror covers to go on, but they are not a good fit. Plus, Helms has not produced the Service Manual yet and won't answer my emails about their plans for that.

They did make some improvements - like the arm rest for the drivers right arm is now high enough to be useful. But, they took off the strap that holds the seat belts on the outside of the front seats, so it is best to put on the seat belt before you close the door. After a while I can imagine that the belt buckle will eventually tear up the upholstery. There have been some other functional improvements, but I can't understand why they made these negative changes, unless they are in cahoots with the accessories manufacturers and made the changes just so people like me will need to buy new ones. If I had it to do over again, and I knew of these changes, I probably would have kept the 5th Gen

Has anybody else been bothered by any of these things?
It's just you. The alpha platform blows the 5th gen away.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #45
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
its a troll post.....and yet we all respond...
incl me!
Old 06-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #46
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
After re reading the OPs post, he clearly has the blinders on. "Small improvements..." "negative changes sp that people like me have to buy new mods..." paraphrasing.

Focused on his need to buy new mods, arm rests, etc. and total disregard for the major improvements like superior chassis (one of the best out there regardless of price point), more power, supercar handling capabilities, more refined materials, better electronics, lighter weight, etc.

Much of his narrowed view of things might be attributed to being a car novice which is understandable and we shouldn't bash for that, but the tone and temperament of the post was all wrong.

Basing a critique of a car on whether or not your mods carry over from one generation to the next and the need to have to spend money on new mods is completely uncommon sense to most people regardless of experience which is probably why there is so much backlash. It is truly a "no duh" moment.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #47
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
If he hadn't led off with "Screwed by chevy" it would be different.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #48
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
After re reading the OPs post, he clearly has the blinders on. "Small improvements..." "negative changes sp that people like me have to buy new mods..." paraphrasing.

Focused on his need to buy new mods, arm rests, etc. and total disregard for the major improvements like superior chassis (one of the best out there regardless of price point), more power, supercar handling capabilities, more refined materials, better electronics, lighter weight, etc.

Much of his narrowed view of things might be attributed to being a car novice which is understandable and we shouldn't bash for that, but the tone and temperament of the post was all wrong.

Basing a critique of a car on whether or not your mods carry over from one generation to the next and the need to have to spend money on new mods is completely uncommon sense to most people regardless of experience which is probably why there is so much backlash. It is truly a "no duh" moment.

This is truly one of the best cars GM ever made. Solid, rattle free interior and a chassis that feels like it was carved out of one solid piece of steel. It wasn't that long ago when 4 seconds zero to 60 and .95+ on the skid pad was strictly exotic car territory at the over $200k price point.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #49
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Everyone here who hates the 19 refresh probably feels that way Lol. Chevy it’s just a corporation nothing personal and like any corporation it’s trying to make as much profit as possible.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:52 AM   #50
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Everyone here who hates the 19 refresh probably feels that way Lol. Chevy it’s just a corporation nothing personal and like any corporation it’s trying to make as much profit as possible.
Design is subjective. The way something looks can be hated or loved or indifferent.

Engineering is objective. Part X fits into part Y or it doesn't. There's no emotion involved.

If his accessories don't fit that's right, they don't. There's no emotion involved. They don't fit. Different car. End of story.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #51
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Please lock this tread..

As stated just a troll and if not he needs help.. someone needs to sit down and go over the difference between a new generation car and refresh. Also what to expect when you buy a new GEN.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 06-06-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #52
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
I always hope for threads like this.

Almost as good as that one dude who totaled his car in the rain for speeding and asked us to pay for a new one.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #53
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Is there even one part on the cars that’s the same?
Yes, the SS emblem
Old 06-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #54
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf View Post
I always hope for threads like this.

Almost as good as that one dude who totaled his car in the rain for speeding and asked us to pay for a new one.
I remember that one. Go Fund Me for a new car I just wrecked. That didn’t work out too well for the OP either.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #55
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
Yes, you are right, it is a completely different vehicle, but I can't see why they needed to make some of these changes in dimensions. Maybe I just am not smart enough to realize what goes into making a new model, but it is disgusting that I need to go through all of the process, and expense, of getting this one set up as I had the last one.

Thanks for the comeuppance. I apologize for takng up peoples time with my petty and ignorant bitching.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The 5th and 6th gen cars are completely different. I wouldn't expect anything from the 5th gen to fit the 6th gen.

Two completely different cars.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #56
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.

Closed Thread