Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #71
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
This thread keeps bringing me back to the inherent compromises in the Mustang design. The Coyote is so much more expensive to produce that sacrifices are made throughout the rest of the car to keep it in line with Camaro pricing. For example going back to the Boss 302 they didn't even offer Brembos on all 4 corners while the 1le did for cheaper and was faster. The TR6060 is objectively better and yet they insist on putting in that Chinese bullsh*t Getrag. They have 6 piston fronts, yes, but the rear brakes are always shit. It's heavier and slower than the last gen with less torque down low even though the engine is significantly more expensive than an LS3 or an LT1. I haven't owned a Mustang but have owned Fords including most recently a Fiesta ST which constantly went into limp mode on the stock tune in 100 degree weather in socal. After 6 months of being in and out of the dealer with that issue and them being unable to resolve and telling me its the nature of the design i swore off owning a Ford ever again. I have driven 2015+ Mustangs and the general feel doesn't even come close to 6th gens from the feel of the shifts through the feel of the chassis over mid corner bumps and even the wheel and center stack.

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote