Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-09-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
Got a call from my local dealer about ordering my camaro

So a few weeks ago I stopped by My local dealer to talk to a salesman about an LT1 they had coming in, I had later found out it was sold. So I told I might want to order one if that was the case but since the plants were shut down I could not at that time. I was also told normally it takes 12-16 from when a car is orders. So I got a call yesterday saying I could order one. But I though the plants were shut down and they told me that it could be longer then the 16 week wait. The other thing was I have to put 1000 down. Does this sound about right or do you think I could be waiting 6months plus for my car ?
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
indy82z

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HW Edition, 2020 LT1
I personally have never had to put money down to order a car. I would recommend you reach out to Joe (check the stickies) and have him order it for you. Could not ask for a smoother and easier transaction. Heck, he even trailered the car to me.
2018 Camaro SS Hot Wheels Edition #838
indy82z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollc View Post
So a few weeks ago I stopped by My local dealer to talk to a salesman about an LT1 they had coming in, I had later found out it was sold. So I told I might want to order one if that was the case but since the plants were shut down I could not at that time. I was also told normally it takes 12-16 from when a car is orders. So I got a call yesterday saying I could order one. But I though the plants were shut down and they told me that it could be longer then the 16 week wait. The other thing was I have to put 1000 down. Does this sound about right or do you think I could be waiting 6months plus for my car ?
Like was said above you shouldn't have to put any money down unless your credit is bad. The plants won't be starting up until the 1st of June and the Camaro is on the end of getting chips to GM's vehicles. I read that GM has over 10,000 Silverado's sitting in a lot waiting for chips. All that can be said now is it's up to you if you want to wait to see what happens or order the car and hope you get what you want.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:47 AM   #4
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
I would at least ask if the deposit is refundable at any time, but I expect it would only be refundable up to the point where the order is “accepted” by Chevy.

That won’t happen for many more weeks.

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
So update. The dealer that called me was not the one I bought my 2010 from only reason I looked at this other dealer was they had one coming in. Messaged my buddy that I bought my ss from so I should hopefully he stopping by this week to place my order with them he didn’t mention anything about a deposit thank you guys
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #6
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
A dealer can want a deposit of 500-1000 if it's a car that they don't have a regular market for.
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:23 AM   #7
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
I thought you had to put at least 500 down to order one? I have been wanting to order a Scat Pack for awhile, but keep putting it off hoping to find one just how I want on the lot and also thinking of waiting for the Nissan Z. I also just noticed I have a 1k bonus certificate that expires the end of June. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take delivery by then d/t the current conditions. I have gotten estimates of 8-10 weeks and heard of people getting it in as soon as 5 or 6, but they are the exception. I have found a couple cars in the color I like (Sinamon Stick), but are missing one or two options I wanted. One is a WB and the other a shaker. I also found a totally loaded WB shaker for 8k off, but in Gomango (nice looking too, but not sure if I want all the attention of that shade) and a left over 50th WB (but has the matte areas on top of the car that may be a pain to keep clean). I really was leaning towards a 1320, but there are none available with the options I wanted. There are a couple of them that are fairly close, but they have the base audio and I would at least want the carbon interior package too if I got that trim. IDK, am I being too picky? I hate to waste the moment since the value of my car is at an all time high, but you never know it could last awhile or go even higher...
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #8
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollc View Post
you have a point, like take my case for instants one of the local dealers(which i inquired for information only) and ordered a car without my knowledge, unless you walked in and sign some paperwork and gave them a check for $1k,also you need to have commitment and say "hey guys im ready" or its maybe just because to have a spot until production starts up again also ordering is wide open(started in may 2021)
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:09 AM   #9
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
I was about to order a Scat Pack at one of those places that were offering the 4% under invoice, but they are now changing their tune d/t the current conditions. The one said he may be able to do it, but he wants a huge down payment. The other place said they can only do invoice price plus a doc fee. So I called my small local dealer that said he could do 1% under last year and now he says he's not even sure they can order one for sure, but if they could it would be at their cost at best. So I was about to put a Challenger on hold for now and thought I'd try to find out if it was possible to get a deal on a Mach 1. To my surprise I found a guy on the Mustang forum that is willing to order me one for 2% under invoice, but he could also get me a Scat Pack for the same deal. Now I have a decision to make. I mean I like the look and slightly better practicality of the Challenger better, but know the stang has more potential and is a lot cheaper and easier to mod. It does cost a little more, but not that much more than a loaded widebody. The 1320 does seem to be the best bang for the buck though as would be several grand less. What do you guys think between the two assuming you were not getting a Camaro or wanted to wait for the Nissan Z to come out?
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote