Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-14-2021, 06:29 PM   #15
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Did you solve your lean condition?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:52 PM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
yes, but no. good news, bad news. i changed a couple injectors today. it cleaned up the stft and suspected lean condition. however, it did not solve the popping at high rpm issue. i swapped the plugs & wires after i realized it still has issues. didn't test that out yet because of rain. most likely going to smoke test the car tomorrow in search of vacuum leaks. fwiw all of my original injectors looked perfectly fine, 0 build up or any damage otherwise. i was also going to snap a pic of the ball end of a USED fuel line to show exactly what happens when you tighten the lines up and why it is difficult to reuse them, but i forgot. ill get one tomorrow.

heres a pic slightly encompassing the colossal waste of time i endured today. i was very surprised at the lack of torque applied to the fuel line connections.

edit: also surprised at GMs use of velcro to secure the injector harness to the rails.
Attached Images

Last edited by s346k; 05-16-2021 at 10:01 AM.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:16 PM   #17
s346k

new plugs and wires cleaned up the random popping it still had. got it all squared away just in time to get drug by a coyote car, such is life.

on a side note, i will never buy another msd plug wire, ever.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #18
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Damn the work you put it to track down your issue but hey it’s good now. Those random annoying coyotes.

Taylor huh? What wires did you use to replace the Taylor’s? I have Hinson’s for when headers get installed.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:52 PM   #19
s346k

that was the second set of msd wires i had on the car in 2 years. if you look closely in the photo you can see that 2 of them had further been replaced. after pulling them again i noticed that some of the boots were charred & crispy from heat. by the time i priced out yet another set of msd wires & good boots, it was too much money to use a plug wire i didnt like to start with. i was pretty close to a set of granitelli wires, so i bought those.

i still think the car had a fueling issue, i find it unlikely that the o ring on that port was bad, i looked at it and decided to reuse it. smoked the car anyway, no vacuum leaks.