Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #43
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
It does not( respective to lap times), have owned both,and i got paid to drive for years. The C42 cars at say 8% of total production are pretty scarce-when was the last time you saw one for sale?. The R model " base" cars enjoy a bit of cult like status with owners, they made 135 of those but that was over four model years. Like stated a beater high miler C42 Z will most likely never be valued as high as a clean low mile C67.
Can you enlighten me - what is C42 and C67 - I presume C42 is gen 5 Camaro - is C67 Corvette?

Base R - only 135 - was not aware it was so few!

Love the Z but also love the R - a perfect pair of modern muscle cars!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #44
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Can you enlighten me - what is C42 and C67 - I presume C42 is gen 5 Camaro - is C67 Corvette?

Base R - only 135 - was not aware it was so few!

Love the Z but also love the R - a perfect pair of modern muscle cars!
C42 is the RPO( regular producion order) code for non AC gen 5 Z's

C67 is the RPO for AC( not sure if that included the six speaker option as that came with AC)

The R is cool car, the FPC is a rubber band and doesn't have nearly the grunt of the 7 litre. One of the reasons i sold mine was they kept making them for years when Ford said two years max.The other was nerves. Every so often on here you read about the valve issues the early LS7's had. Voodoo owners wish they had it so good, between the oil consumption, the dreaded rattle, and the potential to pop a 28k engine i sold mine to sleep at night
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #45
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
There are only a dozen or so available on line, that's a far cry from the hundreds new sitting on lot's 2-3 years ago. Scarcity, a few recent articles on them being future collectibles and voila, uptrend. Still under the radar and going much higher IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Chevro...rdt=true&rt=nc

Would anyone buy a car for investment reasons?
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #46
LateBrakeU2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
They shouldn't, lot's of easier ways to make money. That being said if you're passionate about a car and it's a small slice of your portfolio and you want to rationalize buying to enjoy as a theoretical appreciating asset in a sea of depreciating one's based on your saavy market knowledge.. what's the old Jay Leno quote " you didn't pay too much, you just bought it too soon"
Old 08-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #47
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
C42 is the RPO( regular producion order) code for non AC gen 5 Z's

C67 is the RPO for AC( not sure if that included the six speaker option as that came with AC)

The R is cool car, the FPC is a rubber band and doesn't have nearly the grunt of the 7 litre. One of the reasons i sold mine was they kept making them for years when Ford said two years max.The other was nerves. Every so often on here you read about the valve issues the early LS7's had. Voodoo owners wish they had it so good, between the oil consumption, the dreaded rattle, and the potential to pop a 28k engine i sold mine to sleep at night
Thx!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:03 PM   #48
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
The 350R is a cool mustang that I wouldn’t mind owning next to this Z/28 for the engine alone ... only other mustang I’d really want is the 03/04 Terminator that was a beast of a car that Ford should have kept in production.

As far as the no AC value being higher one day than the radio/AC optioned cars ok I can see it but who in their right mind would want that for a weekend driver? Track folks I can understand but let’s be real about the track. Most Z/28s will never see a track on a regular basis so I’ll keep my cold AC over the weight savings.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #49
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
ibut who in their right mind would want that for a weekend driver?
Me. I ordered mine without AC or Tunes.

Don’t miss it one bit. But this is Minnesota.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #50
Z28Ruthless

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 FN 27 View Post

Nice to see another MN native!
Z28Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:41 AM   #51
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 FN 27 View Post

When I was shopping I REALLY wanted one without A/C. Sure, A/C is nice here in AZ but I do most of my "therapy" driving at night with the A/C off and windows down so I can listen to the sweet LS7 music. I've turned the radio on once to make sure it functioned correctly. Also, if you track the car it would be nice not to have all the extra crap in front of the radiator.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2020, 08:31 PM   #52
X77-69z28

Drives: 69 Z/28, 70 Z28, 99SS, 15 Z/28 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Not me! I buy em cause I love em!
99 SS hugger orange 6spd no t-tops 1 of 54
15 Z/28 white AC, radio
X77-69z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:23 PM   #53
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
This car will take out most cars made today..... granted you know how to drive. GT305R was made specifically to beat this car. I hear differing opinions on whether it does or not.[/QUOTE]

At the time, I think the Z28 was built to beat the boss 302 laguna seca. I owned a LS and the Z was much faster when comparing head to head. Both are very raw cars but the Z is the one to have.
johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #54
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
I wrote a small thread about GM and their direction towards the electric cars. This is my opinion and don't want to start any arguments. V-8 lovers will always have their heart on a V-8, but I think end of 2025 it will be a new start for the auto industry. If they are not already working on it, they will be out of the game.

IMO, V-8 muscle cars are going up in value because of this new kid on the block. That's called electric motor. Look at all the Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, Vetts, and so on. Look at the used car prices and look at the new car prices, it's way up there. Collectors are hording them.

I've driven my BIL's all electric Audi and it's fast as shit. It's got no soul, but fast as shit. To me I'll always love a V-8, but when time comes we have to accept the fact and move on. That's my reason V-8 muscle cars are on the rise. Long live V-8 and want to hear your thoughts.
2016 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L

Past Cars:
1976 Chevy Malibu Classic 5.7L
1985 Chevy 2DR 4x4 Blazer 5.7L
1989 Chevy IROC-Z 5.7L
1995 Chevy 2DR 4x4 Tahoe 5.7L
2005 Chevy 4DR Tahoe 5.3L

Last edited by pzero; 09-01-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #55
LateBrakeU2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
I wrote a small thread about GM and their direction towards the electric cars. This is my opinion and don't want to start any arguments. V-8 lovers will always have their heart on a V-8, but I think end of 2025 it will be a new start for the auto industry. If they are not already working on it, they will be out of the game.

IMO, V-8 muscle cars are going up in value because of this new kid on the block. That's called electric motor. Look at all the Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, Vetts, and so on. Look at the used car price and look at the new car prices, it's way up there. Collectors are hording them.

I've driven my BIL's all electric Audi and it's fast as shit. It's got no soul, but fast as shit. To me I'll always love a V-8, but when time comes we have to accept the fact and move on. That's my reason V-8 muscle cars are on the rise. Long live V-8 and want to hear your thoughts.

"It's got no soul, but fast as shit. To me I'll always love a V-8, but when time comes we have to accept the fact and move on"

Well put, GM already has moved on. ICE will never go away, but the pressure is real to go green . Smoke em while ya got em!
Old 09-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #56
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
This is my opinion and don't want to start any arguments.

I bet you will get Arguments though!

IMO, V-8 muscle cars are going up in value because of this new kid on the block. That's called electric motor. Look at all the Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, Vetts, and so on. Look at the used car prices and look at the new car prices, it's way up there. Collectors are hording them.

Don't agree. New Car Prices always rise (especially with new Models - C8 Vette, a new Challenger Edition every other week), Used Prices on all cars seem to be up ( I believe it's Covid driven) and it has nothing to to do with Electric motors

my Son has a Tesla S and his Wife drives a Challenger - that tells you who has the Brains in that Marriage!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote