Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #43
Slyone

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I've owned a 1993 C package and a 2010 Grand Touring 6 speed power retracting hardtop Miata's. Now the 2019 2SS wow what a difference. I loved the Miata's, but the Camaro is way more fun. Enjoy the new ride.
Slyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #44
Craig

Drives: '01 Z28
The heart wants what it wants even if the brain doesn’t know it yet. The thrill of getting one of these cars is prob even bigger since it’s something you didn’t even know you wanted.

My first thought was that the 1LE will make you feel like you’re in a tank compared to a Miata with the top down, but it turns out you’re a big 2-wheel guy anyway. You get plenty of open air motoring already, and that’s the only advantage the Miata has. It sounds like the 1LE is giving you more of what you weren’t getting before. You bought the right car, and def in the right color. Your story makes me even more excited about getting mine later this year.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #45
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
The heart wants what it wants even if the brain doesn’t know it yet. The thrill of getting one of these cars is prob even bigger since it’s something you didn’t even know you wanted.

My first thought was that the 1LE will make you feel like you’re in a tank compared to a Miata with the top down, but it turns out you’re a big 2-wheel guy anyway. You get plenty of open air motoring already, and that’s the only advantage the Miata has. It sounds like the 1LE is giving you more of what you weren’t getting before. You bought the right car, and def in the right color. Your story makes me even more excited about getting mine later this year.
I bought a challenger instead of a Camaro SS this time. But I can fully say even though you’re totally ready for and expecting the power and the features to come it’s still an absolute thrill when you’ve never had it before.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #46
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I love my 1LE, and if I wasn't 6'6" 240lbs, I would love my MX5 too. I love looking at it, I love driving it, but I don't love being in it with the top up. Fortunately I got the MX5 for my wife and get to switch between the two. It really is a beaut to look at though, an art piece. The MX5 is catered to the purists, who don't care about power, but want a perfect driving experience otherwise. In my opinion, if the MX5 had 100 additional HP it would be perfect!

Long story short, we may swap the MX5 for a powerful sedan at some point, but the 1LE is in the garage to stay.

It is pretty though:

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #47
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
I love my 1LE, and if I wasn't 6'6" 240lbs, I would love my MX5 too. I love looking at it, I love driving it, but I don't love being in it with the top up. Fortunately I got the MX5 for my wife and get to switch between the two. It really is a beaut to look at though, an art piece. The MX5 is catered to the purists, who don't care about power, but want a perfect driving experience otherwise. In my opinion, if the MX5 had 100 additional HP it would be perfect!

Long story short, we may swap the MX5 for a powerful sedan at some point, but the 1LE is in the garage to stay.

It is pretty though:
Looks are subjective.

I think the lines look nice, but it is to "bubbly" in shape and that wheel gap and how the wheels tuck so far from the fenders detracts from it.

I wish more "sports cars" manufacturers would took a cue from Porsche when it comes to aesthetics (especially when it comes to wheel gap and wheels being flush with the fenders).

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #48
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I think the MX-5 Miata is gorgeous
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #49
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Looks are subjective.

I think the lines look nice, but it is to "bubbly" in shape and that wheel gap and how the wheels tuck so far from the fenders detracts from it.

I wish more "sports cars" manufacturers would took a cue from Porsche when it comes to aesthetics (especially when it comes to wheel gap and wheels being flush with the fenders).

I'd hope Porsche would have their aesthetics dialed in. They've been making the exact same car for like half a century.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #50
randypipe

Drives: Muscle
1le is a blast, but if it’s a daily driver be prepared to replace Goodyear Supercar 3’s in 10-14k miles
randypipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #51
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
I went from a 1997 Miata to a 2018 Camaro LS/V6 1LE. The Miata handled great with an Ohlins suspension and other modifications, but I had two big problems. It was underpowered for track days and with California emissions rules I couldn't built the kind of motor I wanted. It also was small with outdated safety equipment, so I was scared driving it long distances on the freeway.

But the Miata looked good, did great in autocross, and asked for almost nothing in terms of maintenance, repair, gas and tires. Such an easy car to own.
Attached Images

Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 AM   #52
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Congrats on the car love the color!

I tracked a Miata for many years and can say that it was bad ass and cheap to maintain. I think you will love your 1LE, take it to the track and have fun... I think if you are a track junkie either one would have been a great choice.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote