Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #29
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
is pricing out for 2016 mustangs or challengers yet?
Yup. Mustang MSRP is the same for 2016 as 2015.

Coincidence that Ford does this for the same model year the new Camaro hits the market? I don't think it is. I think Ford is expecting an increase for the 6th Gen Camaro and want to up their pricing advantage?

Last edited by Posaune; 05-21-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #30
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakooza View Post
A 50k SS is a bad idea...A GT350 starts at 52k and a Vette starts around 55k. I can see a 1le costing 50k but not a loaded SS. 50k territory opens up a new range of cars...That's a bad look for Chevy..

What is a 1le going to run, 55k ? Why wouldn't I just step up to the vette at that point? I realize we are talking about options driving up price but if you just look at it from a price perspective a loaded SS gets into grey territory at 50k.
Comparing starting prices to extreme check every box price ? Fully topped out gt after taxes and your around 50k also.

Go to Chevys website and make a corvette as expensive as you can...

Guessing the camaro will be within 2-3 k of mustang depending on model and options like it always has been. The fact that it has more options to choose from isn't bad... I thought that's what everyone wants? No one is making you get every option...

If I remember the base gt doesn't even have brembo brakes standard... Or an 8 speed.... Or 455hp 455tq 6.2.

Who would think they are getting robbed base to base to pay a couple k more for a camaro? It's OBVIOUSLY more car for the money. Get what you pay for...or brag that you got the best price on your pony...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

Who would think they are getting robbed base to base to pay a couple k more for a camaro? It's OBVIOUSLY more car for the money. Get what you pay for...or brag that you got the best price on your pony...
Wouldn't it be more car for more money lol. If it was more car for the money it would cost the same not more lol.

But like you mentioned, options are great best part about them is that they are OPTIONAL. No one makes you get all of them unless they start lumping stupid stuff into packages like Ford has a habit of doing
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #32
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Wouldn't it be more car for more money lol. If it was more car for the money it would cost the same not more lol.

But like you mentioned, options are great best part about them is that they are OPTIONAL. No one makes you get all of them unless they start lumping stupid stuff into packages like Ford has a habit of doing
No... My point was that everything the camaro offers in base form is a better value even though it is slightly more expensive. But I see what your saying ( or trying to twist it looking at your ride

More car for the money spent not more car for the same money. Never said same money and made it clear the stang is cheaper... And should be... It offers less

That's what the expression you get what you pay for means...you don't always save money when you save money... In essence.

Hasn't that always been a mustang saving grace/ fall back excuse? Being cheaper? A better value in their eyes even when it turns out to be inferior? Saving a couple k when your spending 40k anyways? Never understood it really...

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-21-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #33
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
No... My point was that everything the camaro offers in base form is a better value even though it is slightly more expensive.

That's what the expression you get what you pay for means...you don't always save money when you save money... In essence.
Chevy did this once before in the 90's. GM can't afford for Camaro prices to get out of control, especially since Ford held firm on Mustang prices for 2016.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #34
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
Chevy did this once before in the 90's. GM can't afford for Camaro prices to get out of control, especially since Ford held firm on Mustang prices for 2016.
I agree. That's why it should stay within a couple k like I said... Like it was last gen... And outsold the mustang. Buyers must have though it was worth the money as well...

The more options the more the price can raise. Do you want the OPTION to buy more or win internet arguments based on checking every box ? The base cars shouldn't be off traditional gaps between the two I agree.

But to complain of price raises because of extra available options makes no sense to me...
Old 05-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #35
shakooza

Drives: Car
Quote:
Comparing starting prices to extreme check every box price ? Fully topped out gt after taxes and your around 50k also.

Go to Chevys website and make a corvette as expensive as you can...

Guessing the camaro will be within 2-3 k of mustang depending on model and options like it always has been. The fact that it has more options to choose from isn't bad... I thought that's what everyone wants? No one is making you get every option...

If I remember the base gt doesn't even have brembo brakes standard... Or an 8 speed.... Or 455hp 455tq 6.2.

Good points!

Dont get me wrong, as a car enthusiast I really like the option of more options...The average car buyer that wonders off of the lot may have second thoughts if the average Camaro is sitting on the lots at 48-49k where the average Mustang is sitting at 44-46k...
shakooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #36
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakooza View Post
Good points!

Dont get me wrong, as a car enthusiast I really like the option of more options...The average car buyer that wonders off of the lot may have second thoughts if the average Camaro is sitting on the lots at 48-49k where the average Mustang is sitting at 44-46k...
It's up to GM/marketing/sales to help people realize the difference and what options you have as a buyer. Good point though.... If they got more options to choose from a lot of them on the lot may reflect that.... Further inflating the perceived cost to the consumer. Very good point.

Personally I like having the options and I know what I'm paying for etc...
Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #37
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
No... My point was that everything the camaro offers in base form is a better value even though it is slightly more expensive. But I see what your saying ( or trying to twist it looking at your ride

More car for the money spent not more car for the same money. Never said same money and made it clear the stang is cheaper... And should be... It offers less

Hasn't that always been a mustang saving grace/ fall back excuse? Being cheaper? A better value in their eyes even when it turns out to be inferior? Saving a couple k when your spending 40k anyways? Never understood it really...
It was more meant to be a smart ass comment haha but I totally understood what you meant.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #38
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I'm thinking $36.5K + around a $7K in upgrades to include Tech package (NAV + blindspot etc.), Performance Package (include MRC etc.) will get you a very nice SS.

$43,500 nicely equipped - what the magazines will be testing.

$50,000 is not happening - I hope.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #39
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I'm thinking $36.5K + around a $7K in upgrades to include Tech package (NAV + blindspot etc.), Performance Package (include MRC etc.) will get you a very nice SS.

The last RT Scat pack they tested was 47k IIRC. That doesn't even have the SRT upgrades. What's a loaded SRT go for, $54k? SS offers a lot more content, loaded.

I think you guys are confusing "most people paid...." prices vs the absolute "every option checked" price.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #40
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It was more meant to be a smart ass comment haha but I totally understood what you meant.
It's hard to tell sometimes but I figured .... Just in case I explained anyway...
Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #41
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post

A 36.5k base is about as high as would be acceptable imo. 34,995 would look a lot more appealing and closer to the stang...

Isnt the 2015 1ss 33.5k Msrp? thats only a thousand over the mustang gt.

A 3k markup to 36.5k for base SS compared to last year would be max imo and could hurt sales. 4 k over the stang will matter to a lot of people... A lot more than a couple grand like I said earlier. I will still buy it at that price but a lot of people wouldn't....
They should stay closer to 35 I hope...34,995 is what I'm hoping for base 1ss. 38,995 starting 2ss. I'll most likely go 2ss... I kind of regretted not getting 2ss last time and this time around the interior looks too good to pass up in 2ss form...though possible the 1ss interior could be very nice for the price ... I will be looking at both.

My 2014 ltz z71 Silverado has ruined me... Its hard to go back to a standard/ mediocre interiors now. I love my new Silverado.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-21-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #42
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
A 36.5k base is about as high as would be acceptable imo. 34,995 would look a lot more appealing and closer to the stang...

Isnt the 2015 1ss 33.5k Msrp? thats only a thousand over the mustang gt.

A 3k markup to 36.5k for base SS compared to last year would be max imo and could hurt sales. 4 k over the stang will matter to a lot of people... A lot more than a couple grand like I said earlier. I will still buy it at that price but a lot of people wouldn't....
They should stay closer to 35 I hope...34,995 is what I'm hoping for base 1ss. 38,995 starting 2ss. I'll most likely go 2ss... I kind of regretted not getting 2ss last time and this time around the interior looks too good to pass up in 2ss form...
2015 2SS coupe already starts at $38,300
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote