Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Who will win the Fight?
Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Mayweather 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #43
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Excuses. I can just go back to 2014 Mayweather v Maidana I. Maidana at least threw over 800 punches to mayweathers 400. Mayweather just happened to land a larger percentage of his throws, which he's very good at. I didn't hear all the excuses prior to last nights fight in regards to Mayweather running around too much.

Bottom line, Mayweather fought like everyone knew he was going to. The same way he always fights. Manny is the one who was less aggressive than normal. Before he got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was dangerous because he just went after you. After getting knocked out, he has been less aggressive.

More people should be more upset at the lack of effort by Manny, than the same effort Mayweather brings to every fight.
Couldn't be more true.

I've said it from the beginning, if Manny wanted a chance at Mayweather he needs to cut that less aggressive, win by decision crap out he's been doing lately.

Marquez may be the one to blame for Manny being the way he is! lol

But in all seriousness, like you said. Mayweather fought the same defensive fight he's always fought for the past 10 years.

Last time he put on an offensive clinic was against Arturo Gatti which was just an absolute nightmare, man that fight is tough to watch!

Anyways... I don't see how people are saying they miss the good ol' days of boxing.

Uhh.. they're still here! You guys just choose to watch what the media tells you to. Watch Lucas Matthysse, Ruslan Provodnikov, Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin, Danny Garcia, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Canelo Alvarez.

There are plenty of fighters out there that I'm missing. But you guys can't sit there and say these fights aren't still happening because they are...
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #44
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Couldn't be more true.

I've said it from the beginning, if Manny wanted a chance at Mayweather he needs to cut that less aggressive, win by decision crap out he's been doing lately.

Marquez may be the one to blame for Manny being the way he is! lol

But in all seriousness, like you said. Mayweather fought the same defensive fight he's always fought for the past 10 years.

Last time he put on an offensive clinic was against Arturo Gatti which was just an absolute nightmare, man that fight is tough to watch!

Anyways... I don't see how people are saying they miss the good ol' days of boxing.

Uhh.. they're still here! You guys just choose to watch what the media tells you to. Watch Lucas Matthysse, Ruslan Provodnikov, Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin, Danny Garcia, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Canelo Alvarez.

There are plenty of fighters out there that I'm missing. But you guys can't sit there and say these fights aren't still happening because they are...
You forgot Thurman broner guererro mares rigondeoux frampton wilder fury kovalev Chavez Jr Even though he got KO'd. I'm sure I'm missing more fighters. I wonder how much of a impact Manny's shoulder came into play. Maybe that's why he didn't throw much. Manny said that he had snitches in his camp that told Mayweather about his injury. That's why Mayweather was pulling his arm through out the fight
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #45
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I just don't think there are enough good to great fighters today to make boxing interesting to me anymore. You need great opponents to make a great fighter. I remember we used to complain in the 80's about the lack of great fighters, seems hilarious now.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #46
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
You forgot Thurman broner guererro mares rigondeoux frampton wilder fury kovalev Chavez Jr Even though he got KO'd. I'm sure I'm missing more fighters. I wonder how much of a impact Manny's shoulder came into play. Maybe that's why he didn't throw much. Manny said that he had snitches in his camp that told Mayweather about his injury. That's why Mayweather was pulling his arm through out the fight
Broner!? HECK NO. He's a Floyd Mayweather wannabe in the WORST way. I can go on about him for a while, but his record is just a product of him beating up on a weak division and of course when he fought a decent fighter in Marcos Maidana, he got destroyed. (Which I had the priceless pleasure of watching it live here in San Antonio, TX).

Thurman, Kovalev, Wilder, etc yes. Guerrero? Nah.

But anyways... yeah there are a lot of great fighters that people seriously just need to watch. Do some research, ask around. There are lots of fights still happening to this day that are amazing.

Don't be sucked into the whole Floyd Mayweather / Manny Pacquiao being the last of boxing.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #47
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Apparently Pacquiao had a torn rotator cuff for weeks and was on meds up until the day of the fight. He wasn't allowed to take the meds the day of the fight and that was one of his handicaps. There is also talk of fans wanting to sue him for this so called "fight of the century".
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #48
KCdaMan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt
Who actually believes Manny had an injury? And Bob Rum is quoted as saying that the Nevada State Athletic Commission didn't allow Manny to take a "shot" prior to the fight.... So Manny wanted to 'juice' up before the fight against the SAME fighter that accused him of juicing?? Makes sense Manny! Now man up and stop the excuses! Manny has and always will be an overrated fighter. His fans don't like to admit that he's weight drained fighters , which is a typical move to play pretend as if you're fighting bigger tougher guys all while dehydrating them and penalizing them if they come in over weight. Manny is the catch weight KING. I.E Cotto weighed and fought Manny at 145lbs, but fought Floyd he weighed in at 154 and fight night 169lbs. The same for Oscar and all like opponents. Matter of fact the fight with Floyd was Manny at his heaviest fight weight ever 152lbs I believe. C'mon Manny man up!
KCdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote