Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #29
SammYyYyY

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Visor mount is the sleekest option imo because you can just flip the passenger visor down if you get pulled over and the radar detector will not be visible unless the officer walks past the front windows to inspect the front of the car. You can keep a copy of your insurance up there held in place by the visor mount in case the officer asks why you put your visor down.

You could even unplug the RD and pull it off of the visor within a few seconds and put it in the glove box while pulling over if you wanted but that might draw more attention to it.
Very true. I just worry about detection range with a visor mount, and I am OCD about cables dangling, so I feel hardwiring a radar detector in a clean manner with a visor mount would be a lot of effort.
SammYyYyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #30
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
has no one done one of these?
I think i will be going this route...
I like the hidden / more effect plan...

ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:09 PM   #31
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
You are looking at a fine of $895 for Possession of Four or More Radar Jamming Devices (reference section 28150) if caught with them in California according to this:
https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/2019-JC-BAIL.pdf

Make sure your installer hides the jammer heads well if you go that route and add a hidden kill switch to the unit.

I would guess that you would be required to remove the jammer heads and/or system if caught too which you might have to pay the installer to do...not sure if that is something you could DIY.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:34 PM   #32
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Just watched the YouTube video you posted SOCAL.M6.ZLE. That installer seems to have the hidden stuff figured out. Ed Bolian says the Radenso RC M + integrated AL Priority kit is the best radar/laser system currently available. But the complete kit costs $3400 + tax + installation! He recently completed a 4k mile rally using it hitting speeds in the 170mph range. He is known for leading a team that drove from the East coast to the West coast in under 29 hours back in 2013 so he probably knows what he is talking about. The RC M didn't yet exist back then. The radar portion uses the same tech as the Radenso Pro M that I recommended to the original poster of this thread but the RC M adds a rear facing radar head and allows for laser jammer integration and remotely mounting the radar detector heads separately from the unit/screen.

Last edited by cdrptrks; 07-14-2022 at 07:50 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:35 PM   #33
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
I just got a rough quote for custom K40 kit $3,500 installed...

Need to bring the car by for a sharper number (based on mounted configurations)

Not sure on the types of sensors (im green in this area) I just like the idea of the kit being highly stealth and highly effective. Anyone else gone this route?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:27 PM   #34
JAITG

Drives: Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT
Examples of my permanent 3m Mount in the only area that's visible but not obstruction the auto dimming mirror while still allowing my autoshade windshield sun visor to go up and be supported by the visors without mangling the detector...

JAITG is offline   Reply With Quote