#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2023, 09:02 PM   #15
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
You can use the same SD card for multiple tracks. Just remember to remove the previous .gpx file and save the correct one for the track you will be visiting.
I will add to delete the current map .gpx file (after backing it up) before going to a new track where you're going to set start/finish for the first time to prevent issues. Also don't remove the card for a little while after you stop recording (or open the door with the car off which automatically stops recording) so the PDR system has time to finalize the recording otherwise you may have problems with the current and/or future recordings.

Also back up your gpx file after the first session if you have a computer with you. Sometimes I have issues (lap timer not showing up) later on in the event that are fixed for future sessions by deleting the gpx file and replacing it with a backup copy.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 03:32 AM   #16
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Horsepower View Post
Couple of PDR questions. 2019 ZLE A10

Been using natively formatted FAT32 32GB SD cards. Recently formatted a 128GB SD card to Fat32 and the PDR appears to accept the card. Will PDR behave any differently with this card than the 32gb card natively formatted to Fat32?

Is there any difference in features / menus between 2019 and later Camaro PDRs?

To you drag racers out there running A10s, what have you found to be the best launch control settings to be - RPM and Slip Factor. Drag setup is 315/35/17 MT Radial R.

Are northeast road race track maps readily available online and if so link to them?

TIA

I didn't think 17" wheels would fit over those rotors?
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 06:55 AM   #17
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
I didn't think 17" wheels would fit over those rotors?
17s will easily fit on the rear. The fronts are the ones that they won't fit on.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 07:08 AM   #18
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
17s will easily fit on the rear. The fronts are the ones that they won't fit on.
That makes sense. Thanks. It just seems so wrong to have a smaller wheel on the back of the car than the front.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 08:31 AM   #19
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
That makes sense. Thanks. It just seems so wrong to have a smaller wheel on the back of the car than the front.
In drag racing, thats want to you want. A smaller rim so you can get a tire with a bigger sidewall to help with traction. The opposite of what you want for road course tires.
Old 10-20-2023, 08:31 AM   #20
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Any idea why recorded PDR laps don't show the laptimer? I turn it on, start recording, mark the finish line and the session records fine, just no laptimer...

Ken
Old 10-20-2023, 09:08 AM   #21
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
Any idea why recorded PDR laps don't show the laptimer? I turn it on, start recording, mark the finish line and the session records fine, just no laptimer...

Ken
You have to mark the start and finish line. Mark it on the track, not from the pits or next to the start finish line. If you do that, then it won't work.

If you did mark the start/finish line on the part of the track where you should, then something might be wrong with the GPS on the car.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:15 PM   #22
khcoaching

Quote:
You have to mark the start and finish line. Mark it on the track, not from the pits or next to the start finish line. If you do that, then it won't work.

If you did mark the start/finish line on the part of the track where you should, then something might be wrong with the GPS on the car.
Yes, I mark it on track at the start of my first flying lap.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:15 PM   #23
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
If you had an existing map .gpx file on the SD card and marked the start/finish line again that might have caused the problem. I have seen the same thing happen when I didn't backup and remove the existing map .gpx file from the SD card before marking the start/finish line at a new track.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 08:09 PM   #24
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
If you had an existing map .gpx file on the SD card and marked the start/finish line again that might have caused the problem. I have seen the same thing happen when I didn't backup and remove the existing map .gpx file from the SD card before marking the start/finish line at a new track.
That has to be it! Yes, I had some other data on there. I'll delete everything off it next time I am out.

Thanks!

Ken
Old 10-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #25
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Newb PDR question, since this threads about it.

Just finished my break-in service and diff fluid change last night. Hadn't bothered with an SD card purchase until now.

Thought I read something about 32G being biggest you can use but see folks speaking of the larger cards. Anything special I need to do to run the larger card? I'm not a computer tech guy. Sorry.

2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #26
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Newb PDR question, since this threads about it.

Just finished my break-in service and diff fluid change last night. Hadn't bothered with an SD card purchase until now.

Thought I read something about 32G being biggest you can use but see folks speaking of the larger cards. Anything special I need to do to run the larger card? I'm not a computer tech guy. Sorry.

Any size card will work. You'll just need to reformat it to a FAT32. Go to this link and follow the popular reply in that thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-to-fat32.html

You can download a simple program to format it but what this person wrote will work and you don't need to download anything.
Old 10-22-2023, 08:49 AM   #27
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Quote:
Any size card will work. You'll just need to reformat it to a FAT32. Go to this link and follow the popular reply in that thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-to-fat32.html

You can download a simple program to format it but what this person wrote will work and you don't need to download anything.

Thank you!
2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote