Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #323
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I personally think our whole country needs a stay at home order. Them doing it state by state and by county is allowing this virus to continue to spread. We have idiots in this country that are showing symptoms and continue to work/travel as they please, spreading this virus even without knowing.
I just hope the gov will pass the stimulus package and not allow corporations to benefit from it. Some jobs should be offered a temp lay off with full pay, they will benefit a tax break in doing that.
Just my 2 cents and I'm sorry for those suffering from this.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #324
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
I personally think our whole country needs a stay at home order. Them doing it state by state and by county is allowing this virus to continue to spread. We have idiots in this country that are showing symptoms and continue to work/travel as they please, spreading this virus even without knowing.
I maintain that this is all by design. "States rights," and, "Individual freedom," they rave. The executive is intentionally overpromising and underdelivering in an attempt to drive down confidence in the federal government and cut funding in the future. They intentionally break it and say, "Look, it's broken."
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #325
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
If have to stay home I will because I'll get paid up to 4 wks regardless. I can also do some work from home that would stretch that out. But staying at home would suck. At least if I need some drama while at work or home, I can always drop by this thread.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #326
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
we are open, we are considered essential

Housing
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #327
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
In a minute I’ll have to ask you guys for some Netflix documentaries. I’ve been home about a week now since I started this thread. What a roller coaster ride this has turned into. So many ups and downs but this helps my time go by the few moments I’m doing my own thing with the family.

Weather isn’t the best and kinda cold in the garage. Good news my paint shop opened up with a very small crew but I can drop off the camaro in a couple weeks from now hopefully.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:07 AM   #328
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Well, it happened. My employer closed us down until April 24th (state calling for non-essentials to close). Hopefully, will be back open before that.

Back to work tomorrow. Evidently, we are essential, according to The Under Secretary of Defense.

Last edited by 0stones0; 03-25-2020 at 01:24 PM. Reason: That sure changed fast!
0stones0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #329
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I started working from home this week. Not for sure how long but nice to earn a full paycheque instead of applying for EI.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #330
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hasn't effected my paycheck yet. Work IT in DoD. They have allowed us to tele work 3 days out of the week. The other 2 we have to report in office.

My town has pretty much closed all sit in restaurants. Lots of drive thru's open. Gyms closed. I got like 6 TP rolls to last me awhile. lol.

Very grateful for my job. And grateful for my health right now. Not really concerned about much until May when I have to move out of my apartment.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #331
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Nearing my second full week working from home. I hate it. I'd rather be in the office to ignore the presence of my coworkers.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #332
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Just started working from home yesterday. I'm grateful that I am able to do so and still collect a pay check. I work for a company that controls and maintains water and waste water plants so I am fairly sure we will be allowed stay open with minimal staff at the office and the remainder working from home. I feel really bad for everyone that is not as fortunate and have lost jobs/pay due to the current situation.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #333
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
It would seem some have made a bad situation fun.

mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #334
Heliogordy

Drives: 2010 2LT Aqua Blue/Silver Ice Rally
We've been out to take the dog for a walk, get a few groceries, etc. as I mentioned earlier....day by day it seems that the streets are less populated...hopefully folks are now taking this seriously.

In NYC, they've brought in refrigerated trucks to store the bodies of those who have died...never seen that from "the flu" before...and recent statistics show our "curve" is going to be steeper than China or Italy.
Heliogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:21 AM   #335
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliogordy View Post
We've been out to take the dog for a walk, get a few groceries, etc. as I mentioned earlier....day by day it seems that the streets are less populated...hopefully folks are now taking this seriously.

In NYC, they've brought in refrigerated trucks to store the bodies of those who have died...never seen that from "the flu" before...and recent statistics show our "curve" is going to be steeper than China or Italy.
Ya I wonder if some of those talking head experts on a certain cable "news" channel still think that the Coronavirus is no more deadly than the flu!?
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #336
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
A hide under your bed order is supposed to come from the county today at 1:00. That means either I still go to work, get paid not to work, or combination of work at home and get paid not to work. But I'm planning to use any time off to extend a spot off my driveway in this rental house so I don't have to play musical cars to get the Camaro out of the garage. Like there will be somewhere to drive it to now anyway, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote