Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-27-2020, 03:57 AM   #1
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
ARH long tubes to borla ataks fitment

Hey guys, so looking at headers trying to figure out how to match everything up. I'm looking to get ARH 1 7/8s headers but I'm stuck on getting to long system or intermediate. I want to evautally get borla ataks with the npp, so I have some options.

1: if I get the long system it's a 3" pipe diameter, the ataks axleback is only a 2.75, so I'd have to find a way to try to match that up if possible

2: get the intermediate system now connect it to the factory pipes and then get the borla catback which is 3" but id have 2 x-pipes. One from the arh and the other on the borla catback. so I'd have to cut the ARH xpipe out probably to match it up I would think.

If anyone smart can weigh in if this is possible or what way to go that would be awesome lol
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I have a Borla 60608 and LT. The 60608 is 2 and 3/4.
I would go ahead and put your headers in and use cats and this bolts up the stock pipes (after you cut off the secondary cats).

Next the ataks axle back are 2.75 and they bolt up after you cut off the stock suitcase.

The entire center section is fine and you will find ZERO HP by changing it.

If you do want to change it the borla center section, and x pipe will fit right in.

You will end up with a 2 and 3/4 system which is fine and there is NO measurable HP difference between this the stock 2.5 crush pipe or a complete 3" system at you power level.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I have a Borla 60608 and LT. The 60608 is 2 and 3/4.
I would go ahead and put your headers in and use cats and this bolts up the stock pipes (after you cut off the secondary cats).

Next the ataks axle back are 2.75 and they bolt up after you cut off the stock suitcase.

The entire center section is fine and you will find ZERO HP by changing it.

If you do want to change it the borla center section, and x pipe will fit right in.

You will end up with a 2 and 3/4 system which is fine and there is NO measurable HP difference between this the stock 2.5 crush pipe or a complete 3" system at you power level.
So for the headers I was gonna go catless, my tuner recommended to cause he told me they all evautally go out so not to waste money to replace them. And as for the mid section I wanted to change more for sound difference not so much HP. I don't plan on trying to make much of any gains from anything after the headers.
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote