Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #29
COmatt27

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomile View Post
does anyone have a set of SS1LE OEM wheels that they're selling? looking for a second set.
Check the Member Classifieds. If you must really have OME then you might be waiting for a while. If you don't need OME there is a great set on Ebay for $1200 I was considering. A few folks on here have purchased.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1LE-Camaro-...d/163617589466
2016 Escalade ESV (6.2L), A8, Black Raven, Gibson Racing Headers - CURRENT People Mover
COmatt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #30
Bodie217

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2010 135i, 2014 Sequoia
Hey everyone!

New to the forum, Chevy, American cars in general... just picked up a 2018 Nightfall Grey ZL1 10-speed.

Probably won't be tracking it as I have a dedicated track car I can afford to break. The ZL1 will be seen at meetups, group drives, and Whole Foods
Bodie217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:24 AM   #31
Gobi99

Drives: 2018 ZL1 vert
SE Aurora

SE Aurora here. We need to organize a drive/ lunch now that Spring has arrived!p
Attached Images

Gobi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #32
nomile

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE - Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmatt27 View Post
Colorado Camaro Drivers, Any tips for first timers out at HPR?
My suggestions (highest to lowest, assuming by your question you haven't been on any track before):
- go out with a club that has instruction (in-car if possible) so that every car has an experienced person in it. This will drastically reduce chances of mishaps. BMWCCA, PCA and others offer this.
- NASA HPDE has fewer instructors, but still helps you get around and orient on the track. Great second option.
- Open Lapping days - take it easy, meet some folks who have been there and ask them if you can follow them for a few laps (if they're willing to go a bit slower) so you can get a lay of the land. Learn to point folks by so you don't have to "try to stay in front of them", b/c that is when mistakes happen. Chances are you'll have "slower" cars on your bumper at some point during the day - it's courteous/expected to let them pass if they're on your butt in the corners even if you can pull away on the straights.
- watch some videos to get an idea what the line is so you can stay on it. Being predictable is key...

We'll be out there a few more times before Memorial Day weekend - if come out during an open lapping day and you see a Garnett Red camaro come by and we can give you some additional pointers. Good luck!

Disclosure: I instruct for the BMWCCA - we have a driving school on Memorial Day weekend - it's a fantastic way to get your feet wet, and you will have instructor in-car at all time to help coach you and gain speed safely and methodically. Costs a bit of money, but it's a massive bargain compared to professional schools b/c heavily volunteer supported (instructors etc)
nomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #33
COmatt27

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomile View Post
My suggestions (highest to lowest, assuming by your question you haven't been on any track before):
- go out with a club that has instruction (in-car if possible) so that every car has an experienced person in it. This will drastically reduce chances of mishaps. BMWCCA, PCA and others offer this.
- NASA HPDE has fewer instructors, but still helps you get around and orient on the track. Great second option.
- Open Lapping days - take it easy, meet some folks who have been there and ask them if you can follow them for a few laps (if they're willing to go a bit slower) so you can get a lay of the land. Learn to point folks by so you don't have to "try to stay in front of them", b/c that is when mistakes happen. Chances are you'll have "slower" cars on your bumper at some point during the day - it's courteous/expected to let them pass if they're on your butt in the corners even if you can pull away on the straights.
- watch some videos to get an idea what the line is so you can stay on it. Being predictable is key...

We'll be out there a few more times before Memorial Day weekend - if come out during an open lapping day and you see a Garnett Red camaro come by and we can give you some additional pointers. Good luck!

Disclosure: I instruct for the BMWCCA - we have a driving school on Memorial Day weekend - it's a fantastic way to get your feet wet, and you will have instructor in-car at all time to help coach you and gain speed safely and methodically. Costs a bit of money, but it's a massive bargain compared to professional schools b/c heavily volunteer supported (instructors etc)
I have not been on a track before, thank you for the info. I will look into this.
2016 Escalade ESV (6.2L), A8, Black Raven, Gibson Racing Headers - CURRENT People Mover
COmatt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #34
nomile

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE - Garnet Red
Sounds good - we may be out there July 5th for open lapping... I'll try to remember to confirm here if we end up going if you want to tag along as passenger (or drive).
Cheers!
nomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #35
5280ZL1Matt

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Hi all, Denver metro Zl1 owner here, wanted to drop in and say hi. Long forward to trying ot some driving at High Plains.
Attached Images

5280ZL1Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #36
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Another SE Aurora here. I’m up for a cruise in or Cars and Coffee.

CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:27 AM   #37
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
A couple of miles from Bandimere Raceway here.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.

Last edited by JSH; 02-09-2021 at 01:32 PM.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #38
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
I'm probably re-locating from Florida to Centennial/Denver for work. Already have my 2019 2SS on Michelin AS3+ which are decently rated, do I need to have any concerns about winter driving? Might consider buying a beater winter car like a 4Runner...
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote