Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
What about those who "do cell phones"?
ive seen some that should be shot,cant even stay in their lane due to cell phone stupidity.in my world any cop seeing bad driving under the influence of cell phone should stop them and crush the phone with his car tire.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #30
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.

Wow. WTF
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #31
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I had something similar in our local Safeway parking lot. I was shopping, someone hit the passenger rear quarter panel and took off, no note, no witnesses, no cameras.

It ended up being a $3K repair
Attached Images

BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #32
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
Can you keep us updated as to weather or not you get fired?
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #33
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
Can you keep us updated as to weather or not you get fired?
Sure thing bud.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #34
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Looks like it may be totaled...demand a 2019 from the drivers insurance.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #35
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
I'm a little older and I have a different point of view from the post I read earlier in the chain that said "did you consider the guy who hit you"...……
Did the guy who hit him take the time to watch out for his $45K plus sports car ? No, for whatever reason he was careless. Now that may be a little harsh, as I'm sure it was an accident BUT take the time to think about this:
If/when the OP decides to ever sell his car, there is going to be a incident showing that the car has been damaged now ……. did you ever stop to think about what that does to a car's resale, especially for a sports car ? or the time and energy now having to be invested by the OP to get it fix to his satisfaction ?
Rant off
I'm sorry, but I just can't stand when someone tries to take the person at fault and make them the victim...... I see it happening way too often in today's society
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #36
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy hunter View Post
I'm a little older and I have a different point of view from the post I read earlier in the chain that said "did you consider the guy who hit you"...……
Did the guy who hit him take the time to watch out for his $45K plus sports car ? No, for whatever reason he was careless. Now that may be a little harsh, as I'm sure it was an accident BUT take the time to think about this:
If/when the OP decides to ever sell his car, there is going to be a incident showing that the car has been damaged now ……. did you ever stop to think about what that does to a car's resale, especially for a sports car ? or the time and energy now having to be invested by the OP to get it fix to his satisfaction ?
Rant off
I'm sorry, but I just can't stand when someone tries to take the person at fault and make them the victim...... I see it happening way too often in today's society
No, you're what's wrong with society. You're fixated on the property, the resale value, time wasted, etc. All of which are insignificant compared to this young man losing his job because OP wants to cause a big fuss and drag him through the mud. Oh boo hoo.... OP's resale value is going to go down $500 and he'll have to be in a rental for a week. It's the end of the world . I don't see how you can value property especially something as insignificant as a car over a human life. Now let me be the one to say I'm sorry because people like you absolutely disgust me.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #37
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
Accidents are accidents - that’s why we have insurance. Having said that, one should have the right to be made whole. Who knows if the guy was high, drunk, whatever, yet say if he was? His boss should probably know about it. What if the next accident is one where he rolls through a crossing guard and kills a couple of kids because he’s high? Worse, what happens if the OP “covers” for the guy (which, really, he has no way of doing other than not making an insurance report and paying for the repair to his car out of his own pocket - and why would he do that? Just based upon maybe the other guy was high and he does not want him to lose his job?). Even if he just called his insurance company and files a claim, his insurance company will subrogate against Enterprise.

But let’s say he’s feeling very altruistic and pays out of his own pocket just in case the other guy was high and he doesn’t want to make things tough for him. Which is stupid, but let’s just say the OP is stupid and he does go this route. And then the guy from Enterprise kills some kid. Wouldn’t the OP bear some kharmic responsibility for the death of the child?
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #38
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
OP I would say an easy $3k, easy.
I say 4k without exhaust work, but will be 5k if exhaust doesn't go back in place. Labor to correct exhaust and install new NPP tip & valve on right side will be about 1k. The exhaust could have moved if the bracket and hanger behind the right rear tire were moved as well. They are tired to the brace that is directly behind the corner where that impacted occurred.

The bumper cover will be 800 for insurance acceptable replacement, plus 500 to paint it. Too bad GM doesn't offer factory painted replacement panels like they did with the 5th gen, then it would just be 1000-1200 for a GM painted part. Supporting pieces behind the bumper cover, including bumper core and bumper crush support, along with body brackets and small hardware will run another 2k. Labor will be 800-1200 including the damage assessment.

Enterprise probably holds private coverage for these incidents in most states, so you won't be dealing with another drivers insurance that would possibly be nice and use only factory fresh, new parts. They will likely pay for only recycled parts and wait for you to sue them before they do anything more for you.

A lot of rental places don't value the products they push as much as owners do. If someone does minor damage to a vehicle, they will do a cosmetic adjustment and repaint the impacted panel only. Hertz Car Sales vehicles are notorious for having hidden damage under them that the company covers up -- even though they charge the customer the full estimate of repair if they didn't take the damage waiver insurance rider.

I feel bad for the OP that he was hit by a rental car employee. If you were going to be hit by a company, a rental place is probably one step above a sole proprietor small business that hides behind an LLC to escape paying for their mistakes (fold and rebrand instead of paying up).
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:24 AM   #39
RJK

Drives: 2018 LT Convertible
Quote:
No, you're what's wrong with society. You're fixated on the property, the resale value, time wasted, etc. All of which are insignificant compared to this young man losing his job because OP wants to cause a big fuss and drag him through the mud. Oh boo hoo.... OP's resale value is going to go down $500 and he'll have to be in a rental for a week. It's the end of the world . I don't see how you can value property especially something as insignificant as a car over a human life. Now let me be the one to say I'm sorry because people like you absolutely disgust me.
Trophy Hunter was being nice, i'd want the guy executed.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #40
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
I got under the car for a better look over the weekend. In addition to the obviously cracked rear bumper and lower valance panel, the bumper support is slightly bent too. The muffler has shifted as the sheet metal where the right side under-axle pipe attaches to it is deformed. The exhaust tips have also moved about half an inch. No body shops were open over the weekend, so I'm going to visit one early tomorrow on my way to work.

Quote:
Could've been my life on the line due to his careless actions - did you ever think about that? When did I EVER say I want to drag this guy through the mud?? Dude, quit being a lying dumbass and GTFO. I made this post to get a quick idea of how much work/damage I am looking it. If you're here to wax philosophically about the traumatic aftermath of this event on the life of an Enterprise employee, just can it and piss off. I never suggested nor endorsed any consequences for him. I just want to be made whole - I want my car fixed as it was before that morning, unflagged in some insurance database. That's probably too much for your bleeding heart to imagine though.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #41
Stewhoppy

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

What are you doing here? shouldn't you be driving a Prius............
Stewhoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:35 AM   #42
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Drugs can stay still show up on tests WEEKS after use. I've worked for Enterprise and Hertz. I saw this situation time after time.
Alcohol will not be false-positive. For other stuff it's your very own decision to do that if you are driving vehicles for living and especially if you know you can get in trouble because of that. Show some self-resposibility