Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #127
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Dealers make a whole lotta pixie dust then. My dealer does it. There are also many other DI cars who have issues and the manufactures didnt plan/think it was an issue either.

Some of you act like the argument is your car wont run or have detrimental issues. Its just another PREVENTATIVE maintenance item for most. Some engines wont have a big issue with it and others will have a lot of issues. Its all good! If you are wrong and dont buy a catch can its only about 600-800 service. If you buy a CC and are qrong you blew 130 bucks and kept your intake and valves clean and didnt dilute your fuel
Of course your dealer does it. They’d flush and bleed your hydraulic turn signal fluid too if you’d ask them.

A few posts back the point was made that GM a engineer who actually worked on the LT1 basically rolled his eyes at the idea of a catch can.

If you can prove someone with an engineering degree who probably forgot more about the math and physics of the properties of engine fuel delivery and crank case ventilation than you’ve ever learned wrong, I’ll buy it.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:47 AM   #128
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
It is a simpler separator system than multi-filter inline oil systems. No matter what you're argument, which of course is your go-to, the law clearly states the burden of proof for warranty is the manufacturer's, not yours...you cannot deny that FACT.
You are ignorant to actual facts. Learn to read and you'll do so much better in life. There is no burden on the manufacturer when you MODIFY A EMMISIONS CONTROL DEVICE. I'm not sure what part of English you don't understand but try reading that over and over till you comprehend. Until then please don't reply.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #129
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
You are ignorant to actual facts. Learn to read and you'll do so much better in life. There is no burden on the manufacturer when you MODIFY A EMMISIONS CONTROL DEVICE. I'm not sure what part of English you don't understand but try reading that over and over till you comprehend. Until then please don't reply.
I'm ignorant while quoting the law and providing references while you blatantly ignore it?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #130
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm ignorant while quoting the law and providing references while you blatantly ignore it?
The law states...

Quote:
Tampering - Adjusting any element of a car or truck's emission control design so that it no longer meets the manufacturer's specifications.
Tampering or modifying an emissions control device is not allowed by the EPA. It's against federal law. The MM act does not apply here. An apology would be fine.

EDIT: I see you're from Canada so apologize for Bryan Adams also.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #131
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Since pot was fully legalized up there he's probably been baked for the last 4 days.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #132
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Since pot was fully legalized up there he's probably been baked for the last 4 days.
This very well may be true.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #133
NW-99SS

Quote:
The law states...

Tampering or modifying an emissions control device is not allowed by the EPA. It's against federal law. The MM act does not apply here. An apology would be fine.

This isn't about emissions law, it's about warranty law. But I digress, your continued deflection and ignorance is your crutch, lean on...

Quote:
Quote:
This very well may be true.
More deflection again showing a lack of any real position on warranty. At least come up with some better Canadian insults...
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #134
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
This isn't about emissions law, it's about warranty law. But I digress, your continued deflection and ignorance is your crutch, lean on...
I've been monitoring warranty claims and processes for a major manufacturer for almost 20 years. Other than quoting things on the internet what is your experience with real world warranty claims?
Old 10-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #135
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Of course your dealer does it. They’d flush and bleed your hydraulic turn signal fluid too if you’d ask them.

A few posts back the point was made that GM a engineer who actually worked on the LT1 basically rolled his eyes at the idea of a catch can.

If you can prove someone with an engineering degree who probably forgot more about the math and physics of the properties of engine fuel delivery and crank case ventilation than you’ve ever learned wrong, I’ll buy it.
You can buy or sell whatever you want. Some dealers are also mod friendly like mine as well. They did all kinds of warranty work for me when my last car had an aftermarket blower and tune. Do what you wish and ill do the same.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #136
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Welcome to the 1960s.

See the chrome sleeve on the front with a cap? Fill and case vent in one
It worked, though! But the hippies don't like it, lol, venting the crank case to the intake is only for emissions purposes.... As long as there's no sensors, it should be good to go, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #137
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
The law states...

I liked you right up until you insulted Bryan Adams. War is ON!
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #138
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdicaysen View Post
I liked you right up until you insulted Bryan Adams. War is ON!
I'm kidding, Reckless is a great album. Lets just not talk about the 90's...
Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #139
NW-99SS

Quote:
I've been monitoring warranty claims and processes for a major manufacturer for almost 20 years. Other than quoting things on the internet what is your experience with real world warranty claims?
Having owned vehicles for 25 years and dealing with my own warranty claims during those periods.

I've said this before, but your stance of using any and ALL excuses to void warranties is perfectly clear given your profession.

I could care less if you feel you're above the law because of the financial reach of the manufacturer you represent, I didn't write the law, only observe it. The warranty law in question clear states where burden of proof lies. You have given ZERO evidence to prove otherwise except for financial threats and personal attacks, none of which dispute the law and how it is written.

Again, this is another deflection tactic in attempt to somehow discredit what I've posted. Seems like a waste of time to me, but I'm sure the next reply will be another personal profession defamation or how my experience in life in dealing with my own warranty claims somehow makes my posts about written law invalid.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #140
NW-99SS

Quote:
I'm kidding, Reckless is a great album. Lets just not talk about the 90's...
I will absolutely apologize for the 90's Bryan and where do I even begin apologizing for Beiber
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2