Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2022, 08:16 AM   #1
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
MM catch can plumbing?

Ok so this weekend I decided to dig in to the MM wild catch install and the PCV system. I just bought the car last Fall and did not put many miles on it before it went into storage for the Winter.

It is a fully built/cam'ed procharger setup and at idle it was venting smoke out the breather on top of the MM enough where It would come out the hood vents when stopped. I brought the car back to the shop who originally built the motor and did the full build not too long ago as the owner I brought it from was kinda clueless. They dyno'ed the car and re plumbed the MM and said everything checked out and car made real good HP.

So it was still smoking and just did not seem right. So they had it plumbed where the larger fitting above the sight window went to a T fitting that went to the oil cap fitting and the pass. side valve cover vent. The smaller line went to the outside fitting on the factory vent box just in front of the pass side valve cover. And on this vent box the center line went to the air filter with the other fitting being plugged.

I was thinking the way they had it setup it did not have a vacuum source. So after reading some I removed the T-fitting from the sight window line and ran that line directly to the oil cap fitting. Then ran the smaller line to the procharger vacuum manifold. Then ran the pass. side valve cover vent back to the outside port on the vent box where I believe it originally was.

Looks like this now.

Does not smoke now and seems to run great. Just thinking that they did not have a vacuum source to suck the disc down in the MM. Does this seems right?

Thanks
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:11 PM   #2
ZeroZeta

Drives: 18 Camaro SS
That is how i have my MM Wild can plumbed on my procharger set up. No smoking ever. Hopefully that resolved your issues!
Old 03-09-2022, 08:21 AM   #3
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZeta View Post
That is how i have my MM Wild can plumbed on my procharger set up. No smoking ever. Hopefully that resolved your issues!
Now that the weather is more Camaro friendly I have driven it a bit and all seems well.

Thanks
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote