Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-03-2021, 06:33 AM   #29
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Perfect!
Your inspiring me to want to do a few more things to mine
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #30
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Like the work, will have to meet up one day, thing of going out to spring mountain next month.
Yeah for sure! I am up north Nevada in Reno but am planning on doing LSfest in April
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #31
Coz3z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
Any issues loading the car on that trailer? Initial angle?
Just with that trailer, yeah it doesn’t work. I initially made some ramps that stepped up to the ramp. Then I decided to buy race ramps, best thing. Super lightweight and does the job. Just had to do some measuring and they have a tool to help you get the right one or they can make you some
Old 02-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #32
Coz3z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Who built the roll bar??
RPM Rollbar
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #33
Coz3z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchev View Post
Perfect!
Your inspiring me to want to do a few more things to mine
Yes! Get it done! Lol
Old 02-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #34
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
I sourced mine from Craigslist. Guy did the 6th gen conversion and didn’t need these. I see them on here or eBay all the time though for sale.

Overall, I am sure it added weight. Just because the HID bulbs are probably a little heavier, then there is a ballast mounted on the assembly itself, plus the halo, and projector. Then there is the added harness to make it work. But I did the lightweight crash bar too to help balance that out lol
They add 1lb per side ask me how i know, did this upgrade back in 2014 to my car, but lost 14lb by going to a different crash bar, so still lighter then stock.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #35
Coz3z3

Bolted it in. It was a huge pain actually to bolt it down. So far I have decided to keep the quarter panels off. I took it around the block. It is loud and hear a lot of road noise and the rocks being thrown from the tires. I don’t drive it anyways and just plan to track it so it’s not a huge issue for me. Added the rear seat delete, it’s nice and compliments it well. I wish they would have matched the carpet instead of just doing black but it works for now. That adds to the road noise as well for sure. Maybe when I get headers, the exhaust will overcome that haha
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #36
Coz3z3

Update

Just thought I would give an update of little things I have done. I took about 2 months off after the rollbar. Did Thunderhill this past weekend and going to LSFest this weekend! So, the car got kind of beat up in the front last year on track, so I went and had some PPF put on the front and hood. Looks a lot shinier now too lol. Then before Thunderhill I wanted to change the clutch fluid out, since I haven’t since before last race day of last year. That was a HUGE pain. Of course I did it the night before and thought it would take 30 minutes since I have done before and no the angles. But took me about 3 hours. Couldn’t get the pedal to stiffen. I finally got it but was weary on race day so didn’t run too hard. It held up fine though. So I was told to get a mightyvac type thing to suck the air out. So I did that last night, surprisingly not a lot of air was in the line (or I didn’t do it right). But pedal feels normal again for sure for this weekend.

Next, I ended up splurging on those expensive tank plates. I was tired of finagling with where the belts mount and wasn’t sure how to incorporate the 5th point. My goal is to take them off in the winter and mock and design one myself for a little cheaper and sell these. But, overall the work fantastic and am very pleased with them.

And last, I finally installed the new clutch reservoir bracket I purchased from fellow member SIM GhostrdrZ. I’ve been sitting on it for about a month, it works fantastic though!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2021, 01:34 PM   #37
Coz3z3

Also, I have the long style ZL1 addons rock guards in the box. I have the short style now. I am a little upset that their holes don’t match up with the short style since you have to drill into the fender flare. What did everyone else do? I’m thinking I’ll just drill my own hole in the same location on the long style so I don’t have to drill another 2 holes in the flare
Old 04-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #38
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Also, I have the long style ZL1 addons rock guards in the box. I have the short style now. I am a little upset that their holes don’t match up with the short style since you have to drill into the fender flare. What did everyone else do? I’m thinking I’ll just drill my own hole in the same location on the long style so I don’t have to drill another 2 holes in the flare
Drill into the fender. Its no big deal; a tiny pilot hole, and if you take them off, its likely just to replace with new ones. The short version SUCKS compared to the long, albeit the short is better than nothing.

I say this as the guy who was too paranoid to drill that hole a couple years ago myself Its worth it, I promise you. The long ones even look way better because they more closely match the fender flare rock guard height/length on the front thats built in.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #39
HoodCheck

Also, I'd buy an extra set of the things...I bought 2 this time around...they stopped production on the long version before, and likely will again eventually...there just aren't that many of our cars to justify production for long.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #40
Cvargz4589

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Drill into the fender. Its no big deal; a tiny pilot hole, and if you take them off, its likely just to replace with new ones. The short version SUCKS compared to the long, albeit the short is better than nothing.

I say this as the guy who was too paranoid to drill that hole a couple years ago myself Its worth it, I promise you. The long ones even look way better because they more closely match the fender flare rock guard height/length on the front thats built in.
Haha I was the same way with the long rock guards when I first bought them! I had them sitting in the box for 2-3wks before I finally put them off because I was too paranoid to put them on. But, I’m glad I did.

To the point of my paranoia, now I have a front tow hook sitting in the box doing the same thing. I’m paranoid to put that on because you have to drill a bigger hole in the crash bar for install. What’s your thoughts on that one?
Cvargz4589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:38 PM   #41
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvargz4589 View Post

To the point of my paranoia, now I have a front tow hook sitting in the box doing the same thing. I’m paranoid to put that on because you have to drill a bigger hole in the crash bar for install. What’s your thoughts on that one?
I'll jump in on this one. I am about as anti-mod as you can be when it comes to the Z/28 but the tow-hook is a necessity for these cars. Just imagine the tow truck fellow standing in front of your disabled vehicle with his recovery hook slowly swinging back and forth in his hand. His only question: "Where do you want me to put this?". Small sacrifice to prevent large heartache. I saved all the metal shavings after my installation just in case I want to return it back to original. Just kidding, sort of.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #42
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
I'll jump in on this one. I am about as anti-mod as you can be when it comes to the Z/28 but the tow-hook is a necessity for these cars. Just imagine the tow truck fellow standing in front of your disabled vehicle with his recovery hook slowly swinging back and forth in his hand. His only question: "Where do you want me to put this?". Small sacrifice to prevent large heartache. I saved all the metal shavings after my installation just in case I want to return it back to original. Just kidding, sort of.
Were you able to get it on without removing the front wheel? I plan on swapping the front splitter though, so I may just wait to do my tow hook for the current Z until I replace that splitter.