Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #15
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
THE two posts to read about gasoline and quality/good gasoline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
The refined product is only one part. The additive package is the other. This is why Top Tier gas is generally trustworthy; they all use high quality additive packages.

I use top tier gas in my vehicles 90% of the time.

Find brands here: https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
My son who is a petroleum refinery chemical engineer has explained to me that all gas is refined to the same regional EPA standards regardless of which brand tanker truck pulls up to be filled. The difference is the additive package that the truck driver adds to the tank at the refinery fill up that makes top tier gas better.

The brands that agree to meet the top tier standards and spend the money to put the superior additives in are the brands that I will only use in my cars. The non top tier brands use less additives or skip the additives all together.

Remember the local station makes a difference too - top tier or not. Is the station one that keeps its tanks and pumps in top shape, stays on top of the maintenance that keeps moisture out of the stored fuel and does the station do enough volume in premium fuel sales so that the fuel is fresh? That is why I plug Costco. They are top tier, they keep their stations well maintained and they run a lot of volume. Bonus: the fuel there is 30-50 cents per gallon cheaper for 93 Octane.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #16
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Costco has a good 92. I can tell the difference from the Costco fuel to Holiday, Mobil, BP, Kwik Trip, Shell, or Speedway/Super America. I have other cars that take Costco 92 and I get about 50 miles per tank more with my daily driver cars for my wife and I. I have tried most of the stations east of the twin cities MN and western WI. No one can compare to the Costco fuel on quality and price. Part of the reason is the quality of the fuel & additives and the 92 octane is re-filled every two days so the fuel is very fresh.
As a Costco employee the premium is sometimes refilled every day. I always fill up my cars there. Nothing beats the quality nor premium is usually 20 to 30 cents cheaper than a chain gas station.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #17
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
My Camaro gets only BP 93.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote