Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-30-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
Your advise needed

There are some "famous" issues with the 2010 that I read amongst the discussion on this forum.
My 2010 LS3 Camaro engine with 40k miles is now having some oil leaks around the oil pan/oil cooler area, and coolant leak @ the driver side cooler hose to engine block fitting area.
Is there any reliable shop/dealer around Los Angeles/Orange County, who worth the recommendation from you , I would like to hear it.
Thanks.
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
I've had good experiences with Camino Real Chevrolet if you are looking for a dealer. Not sure what their prices are like outside of warranty though.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:47 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Heard a lot of good experiences from Camino Real but never used them. The oil cooler issue I believe was a recall issue so that should be covered, if not there was a 5yr/100k mile power train warranty for the '10's as long as you aren't too heavily modified you should be ok.

Haven't seen the coolant one before....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I think the oil was a TSB, CMS fixed mine in ~2011. Only other times I have seen (see seen not read on Internet) coolant issues on the 5th gen was a cracked radiator where the two materials meet.

Good luck with camino real, they have lots of happy customers around these parts.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
jacksaigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
I've had good experiences with Camino Real Chevrolet if you are looking for a dealer. Not sure what their prices are like outside of warranty though.
Thanks, I'll give them a call to find out.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
jacksaigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Heard a lot of good experiences from Camino Real but never used them. The oil cooler issue I believe was a recall issue so that should be covered, if not there was a 5yr/100k mile power train warranty for the '10's as long as you aren't too heavily modified you should be ok.

Haven't seen the coolant one before....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the car is just barely passing 5 years new, they deny the warranty right at the second that past 5year. Although, both issues were very well discussed on this forum.
Thanks for your input.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
jacksaigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
I think the oil was a TSB, CMS fixed mine in ~2011. Only other times I have seen (see seen not read on Internet) coolant issues on the 5th gen was a cracked radiator where the two materials meet.

Good luck with camino real, they have lots of happy customers around these parts.
My car is leaking on the driver side engine block fitting where the oil cooler hose connected to.
Thanks for chiming in.