Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
Trunk release switch at driver's door panel

My '10 2SS/RS has a problem with trunk release from this switch, the trunk can only be released by the remote, not from this button although, I tried with all combinations of power on/off.
Any one can shed me some light as to how to have this problem resolved? Any help with a wiring schematic would be great so I could visibly describe the detail of what My findings are.
Thanks in advance for any help I have.

Last edited by jacksaigon; 09-26-2014 at 08:36 PM.
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
jacksaigon

No one has any advise on this issue?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
my 14 had a problem the other day where the dashboard said "trunk open", which it was NOT. The door opener wouldn't work, but I heard the solenoid click. The remote was able to open it. Now both ways work...typical.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
If you hit the button and here a thump but it wont open ,you can adjust the actuator by turning it 1/2 a turn to the left counter clock wise . Had to do that on my 2014 1LE the first week I had it ,it has not done it again .
Old 09-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
jacksaigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
my 14 had a problem the other day where the dashboard said "trunk open", which it was NOT. The door opener wouldn't work, but I heard the solenoid click. The remote was able to open it. Now both ways work...typical.
When I press the button, it's dead silent, and the dash doesn't show any message. Thanks you for chiming in.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
jacksaigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
If you hit the button and here a thump but it wont open ,you can adjust the actuator by turning it 1/2 a turn to the left counter clock wise . Had to do that on my 2014 1LE the first week I had it ,it has not done it again .
I wish mine was making some noise, so it shows some logic. I do not hear any noise when the button was pressed. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #7
jacksaigon

Could someone here enlight me the steps of how to remove driver side door panel please. I want to ensure the wiring connect to the switch is properly attached. Thanks in advance for any help I could have.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
DragonWarrior

Drives: Black 2011
Im having the same problem!!!
DragonWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
justdenny

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
If the panel was removed before, maybe by a body shop...it's possible they broke the harness/clip that holds the wires to the switch (it happened to me), or, they neglected to plug them back in. You can pop off the bottom of the vinyl/plastic panel at the corners and carefully pull it out till you can reach up and feel if the two wires are on the switch. If they are attached, then it might be a fuse, but, if everything else works, it's not likely a fuse. If the wires are connected, and a fuse isn't blown, pretty much has to be a bad switch, as far as I know
Old 10-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
justdenny

they make tools to remove door panels and trim...little plastic pry bars in different shapes/sizes...very cheap...good investment.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #11
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I've not yet done it but will this week sometime for some other mods, I believe there are some 8 or 10mm bolts on the bottom and always check for bolts/screws behind the door handle and stuff like that. Remember never to pull inwards but upwards... shouldn't be too hard. If you PM me tomorrow morning sometime I will get you a diagram on exactly how to remove it when I am at work but there are probably some DIYs on the forum somewhere
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 AM   #12
justdenny

TommyTheCat is correct, there are two 7mm sheet metal screws at the bottom of the panel that need to be removed. It's been 2 years since i did mine, i should have looked first. Once you remove them, you can gently pull the panel out about an inch, and 4 plastic alignment prongs that are attached to the panel will come out of the metal door. 2 are along the panel bottom, 2 are a few inches up the sides. this will give you 1.5 to 2 inches to get on your back and look up to see if the wiring is attached to the switch. If it is, and you need to remove the panel to repair it, then there is another 7mm sheet metal screw at the top front of the panel, near the dash, and a Torx sheet metal screw under the tray in the armrest where your fingers fit. I'm not sure of the size, I only have a T-27 here...it probably would work, but it feels a little sloppy so it's probably not big enough...and it's a strong screw, so don't take my word on the size. I can't see anything else with a quick check, but there are probably other alignment plugs as well. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #13
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
Hope this helps

mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote