Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #15
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Probably just needs an adjustment.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:10 PM   #16
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
So I hopped in through my back seat again because I was going to look at this. Tried it 3 times and it popped right open. When I pulled it each time the trunk popped up that 1/2 inch or so. When I was in my storage unit without the battery in the car, it would not. I wonder if that safety latch release actually pull closed a switch that then releases the trunk. Kind of the same as when you push the button on your fob.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:40 PM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
So I hopped in through my back seat again because I was going to look at this. Tried it 3 times and it popped right open. When I pulled it each time the trunk popped up that 1/2 inch or so. When I was in my storage unit without the battery in the car, it would not. I wonder if that safety latch release actually pull closed a switch that then releases the trunk. Kind of the same as when you push the button on your fob.
I believe that the releases have to be purely mechanical.

I was thinking about something in relation to your original steps that led you to this in the first place...

Why not open the hood, use jumper cables to connect the battery to the terminals there, and then use the trunk release? Then reinstall the battery...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote