Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
DelBosque_SS

Drives: 2014 camaro 2/ss RS
L99 camaro vibration under load **help**

Looking for some help to track down a vibration on my car

2014 Auto camaro cammed supporting mods and is lowered on pedders coilovers.
So I've been having this vibration for a couple weeks now but started to pay a little more attention to it recently. I first thought it was the carrier bearing on the 2 piece drive shaft, went under and felt a decent amount of play in it so I decided to look for the bushing. I ended finding someone local selling a DSS 1 price drive shaft. Prior to installing the DS I would have a clunking noise near the rear end under hard acceleration in either 1st or 2nd. And after that the clunking seems to go away but I feel I vibration through out the car as the speed goes up. I pop the car in neutral and suddenly the vibrations go away. So it's only under load where I can feel it bad. I then installed the DS thinking it would fix it but no luck.
If anybody could lead me in the right direction that could be great thanks in advance!
Attached Images

DelBosque_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #2
mcbuff52

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Driveline vibration

My 2010 SS has a DSS shaft also, and I am having the same problem. The car is at stock height. Am looking for suggestions too. Hopefully, somebody can give us some suggestions.
mcbuff52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Either of you running any poly mounts for anything? Where are you feeling the vibration? All over or just in the seat?
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:35 AM   #4
mcbuff52

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Driveline vibration

Gunchamp, mine is definitely in the driveline. It was there with the stock gears, and is worse with the 3.91 gears. I have removed the driveshaft a couple of times, and the u joints, and dampers are in great shape. May need to get the driveshaft balanced is all I can think of doing at this point.
The vibration is irritating at speeds above 60 mph. The engine, trans., mounts are all stock, ride height is stock, so I don't see where pinion angle should be a problem.
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what was done to correct it?
mcbuff52 is offline   Reply With Quote