Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
G61LE

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 // 1LE
Looking for a Anti-Sub strap mount

I just installed a Brey Krause harness bar for my 6 pt harness, but I cannot find an anti-sub strap mount anywhere. I am new to the Camaro arena, so any help would be awesome. I plan to keep the stock seats and feed the straps between the seat bottom and seat back. That's how I did it in my C7 Z06.

G61LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
Garage therapy has a bracket
GT Sub Harness Bars

Another option is the Schroth ASM harness systrm with anti submarining ASMŪ ANTI SUB MARINING TECHNOLOGY

The patented SCHROTH asmŪ system offers an unique safety advantage for 4-point harnesses. asmŪ is the acronym for anti submarining. The risk to submarine (sliding underneath the lap belt), a well known phenomenon during frontal impacts, is significantly reduced by the asmŪ safety system. The energy converter is located in one of the shoulder belts. Severe injuries or death are possible using 4-point harnesses without the SCHROTH asmŪ safety system or an anti-sub strap. SCHROTH harnesses designed for use on public roads (FE push button models) or those likely to be used as 4-points come with the asmŪ safety system. The performance of the SCHROTH asmŪ safety system has also been positively tested in conjunction with airbags.

Current Head And Neck Supports (HANSŪ) provide further reduction of head deceleration and neck bending.

The asmŪ system on all SCHROTH Rallye and QuickFit belts - excluding the new QuickFit Pro - is not compatible the with HANSŪ. Only belts having a center RFR Cam lock can be used with HANSŪ.

We recommend that only non asmŪ belts be used in competition harnessbelts.

Racing harnesses without asmŪ must be worn with an anti-sub strap!

Last edited by Repman; 01-18-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
Tay

Drives: 1985 Oldsmobuick
What Repman is referring to is the Profi ll ASM 4 point harness which you can find here:
https://competitionmotorsport.com/sc...waAocUEALw_wcB

If you were to use a 4 point harness, its the only one you would want to use.

If you do want to run a 6 point harness with the stock seats, then you would have to run the Teamtech ASR which you can find here: https://teamtechmotorsports.com/shop...s/asr-harness/

I currently use this in my Viper with the stock seats and the two bottom straps come up from the bottom to the front of the bottom of the seat.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
Shanekennett

Drives: 2022 Rivian R1T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
What Repman is referring to is the Profi ll ASM 4 point harness which you can find here:
https://competitionmotorsport.com/sc...waAocUEALw_wcB

If you were to use a 4 point harness, its the only one you would want to use.

If you do want to run a 6 point harness with the stock seats, then you would have to run the Teamtech ASR which you can find here: https://teamtechmotorsports.com/shop...s/asr-harness/

I currently use this in my Viper with the stock seats and the two bottom straps come up from the bottom to the front of the bottom of the seat.
Do you know of anyone that has this ASR-X 6-point harness installed in a gen6 camaro? I am interested
2015 Macan Turbo
Gone-2017 991.2 Turbo S
Gone-2018 Raptor, tuned, leveled, tires/wheels
Gone-2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE...track toy...
Gone-2010 Camaro SS, built NA monster...
Shanekennett is offline   Reply With Quote