#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
I was lifting all day at T5 last week and gave it the beans in 4th and registered 93.8db.
You’ll be fine at Sonoma and thunderhill. I don’t think that they actively monitor like they do at Laguna.
No, I found out Sonoma is 103 which is safe for my stock ZLE.

Btw... there was a BS rumor going around that they now have a roaming DB meter at LS. This was not true last week.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #16
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I lived in California for 45 years and am now an Alabama resident with homes in other states. I love Laguna and Sonoma but am absolutely fed up with California politics and tolerance for BS. I was flagged for noise at LS last November in my Volvo wagon and have had it with that track. Too bad too because my home in CA is 40 miles from the track.

Driving NCM in August in the ZL1 and can’t wait.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #17
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie ZL1 View Post
I lived in California for 45 years and am now an Alabama resident with homes in other states. I love Laguna and Sonoma but am absolutely fed up with California politics and tolerance for BS. I was flagged for noise at LS last November in my Volvo wagon and have had it with that track. Too bad too because my home in CA is 40 miles from the track.

Driving NCM in August in the ZL1 and can’t wait.
Yeah, I'm not going back to LS without Laguna pipes and I refuse to pay $600+/day for a 103 dB day. But that is such a unique track. Only CA tracks I know of with sound limit are Laguna and Sonoma, that wont happen at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs. No rich people want to live there.

The evening drive up the 1 to my sisters house in Marin was almost as fun as the track. That 2 lane coastal road at sunset is a blast in the ZL1. Downshift to 2nd or 3rd and go warp speed in seconds passing 5-6 cars like they're standing still, and the smooth sweeping curves are great :-)

I need to hear more about a Volvo wagon that blew sound at LS :-)

Last edited by SFV1LE; 07-08-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #18
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Yeah, I'm not going back to LS without Laguna pipes and I refuse to pay $600+/day for a 103 dB day. But that is such a unique track. Only CA tracks I know of with sound limit are Laguna and Sonoma, that wont happen at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs. No rich people want to leave there.

The evening drive up the 1 to my sisters house in Marin was almost as fun as the track. That 2 lane coastal road at sunset is a blast in the ZL1. Downshift to 2nd or 3rd and go warp speed in seconds passing 5-6 cars like they're standing still, and the smooth sweeping curves are great :-)

I need to hear more about a Volvo wagon that blew sound at LS :-)
Yeah, HWY 1 is a great road. Our CA house is in Santa Cruz, so you drove by.

The Volvo is 2006 V70R.... all wheel drive, 2.4L
5 cyl, 91 octane and makes 487 HP / 519 lbft TQ to the wheels on a Mustang.

Full exhaust with CAT, resonator, and muffler. Exhaust tone is absolutely manageable on the street but couldn’t beat the meter lifting up the hill.
Attached Images

Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #19
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie ZL1 View Post
Yeah, HWY 1 is a great road. Our CA house is in Santa Cruz, so you drove by.

The Volvo is 2006 V70R.... all wheel drive, 2.4L
5 cyl, 91 octane and makes 487 HP / 519 lbft TQ to the wheels on a Mustang.

Full exhaust with CAT, resonator, and muffler. Exhaust tone is absolutely manageable on the street but couldn’t beat the meter lifting up the hill.
Very cool, never seen that but I did see a Ford SVT pickup on the track at Fontana.

That reminds me of this story, when Paul Newman gave David Letterman a Volvo wagon with a Supercharged Ford 302 V8.