Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-09-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
4 different chillers available which is better and why?

Can someone shed some light on the 4 chiller systems offered FI chiller, Active Chiller, weapon x, and Killer Chiller.. There are 4 companies making them used to be 5 I guess RX dropped of the map. I all ready know that you want a race system that has a larger chiller or 2 medium chillers, heat exchanger bypass so the exchanger isn't raising the temperature of the all ready chilled water, and the cabin bypass which uses all the freon to chill the intercooler water vs cooling the cabin and intercooler. I heard the first 2 options are the most important and the drag/cabin isn't that important unless your doing a lot of track passes for faster recovery and possibly 10 to 15 degrees cooler temps.

Also you need to have at least a 3 gal reservoir installed.

All seem to offer these add ons.. so what separates the kits? Better hoses, fittings, chiller plates?

Killer chiller seems to offer the best price but usually when a kit or part is cheaper seems like it ends up costing more in the long run from extra labor time.

I also had an idea for long time of using a 12v freezer guts from an rv and mounting it in the trunk inside the ice tank reservoir. Looks like I wasn't the only one looks like FI chillers has a stand alone setup there working on.

Anyhow which system to buy and why go!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #2
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
In for info.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Which one does CSP use all the time? They love it and it seems to work really well.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thats FI but I want to know why. I just don't buy things because thats what people say I have to have reasoning. For example the header debate tsp over arh. If I would've bought with out researching i would've wasted 1000 bucks.

Plus just buying on a recommendation your not learning anything..

I just want to know why?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 09-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Thats FI but I want to know why. I just don't buy things because thats what people say I have to have reasoning. For example the header debate tsp over arh. If I would've bought with out researching i would've wasted 1000 bucks.

Plus just buying on a recommendation your not learning anything..

I just want to know why?
I'm the same way. I would also like to know if anyone is using them on the track on the drag strip. Would be interesting to see temps doing a 20min session.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Turns out a local guy had system for sale so I picked up the Australian brand one like CSP sells it is NIB. It was only $150 more than the killer sytem normally its a good 6 to 700 more. Everyone that I talked to all said to steer clear of Dave at Active chiller not because the product but because he's looney.

After some research I found that the killer chiller system cuts and splices T's in the rubber section of the oem Cars AC lines vs the FI chiler having cnc fittings that go between the cars AC components and oem hoses that add a spot to tie into.

Also both companies offer extreme kits and are different in respect to killer chiller upgrades the chiller to a larger unit that's all ready the standard size of the FI's chillers size.

Fi chiller's extreme kit sends you an extra condenser that mounts in front of the oem AC condenser and pusher fans that give you a pusher/pull effect vs a larger chiller.

I didn't mess w Active chiller comparison

WeaponX no comparison either other than I was told that it was rebaranded or copied the killer chiller system. Not sure this is correct or not since hardly any pics of the kit are available.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #7
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Good deal. I’m anxious to see how it does for you
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thanks.. messing with injectors and pump today. I gave wife my lt4 parts for her SS as I went to port assist so her LT1 pump and injectors were sufficient. She had 55k on here car... about 5 weeks ago I had one or a few dirty injectors that caused a miss fire at start up. Got them cleaned all good for 3 weeks only to have one die totally racing a bike.

So just doing all new fuel parts...

Figured since the injectors were out I could use a medicine bottle to find the the lowest point of the fuel plunger by rotating the crank and watching it raise and lower on the lobe.

I'll try to get on the install next week..

I see LPE and cordes has a front mount crash bar support 3 gallon tank im gonna see if i can get one made similar but 300 cheaper for us 650 seems steep. I have a trunk mount but this seems like and easier/faster option.
Attached Images