Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
I say we stomp him
Then we tattoo him
Then we hang him
And then we kill him
but do it s l o w l y...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #30
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
but do it s l o w l y...
Of course. Wouldn’t want it any other way.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #31
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Man, people worry way too much about CARFAX these days. This is a non-collision claim. It shouldnt be reported to CARFAX even with the insurance company involved.

Ultimately it depends on you OP and how much you are willing to pay out of pocket. Being that is Hyper Blue Metallic it will be hard to just spray the panel and have it match the other other panels, it may require blending near the other panels so you cant tell it was repainted.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #32
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Man, people worry way too much about CARFAX these days. This is a non-collision claim. It shouldnt be reported to CARFAX even with the insurance company involved.

Ultimately it depends on you OP and how much you are willing to pay out of pocket. Being that is Hyper Blue Metallic it will be hard to just spray the panel and have it match the other other panels, it may require blending near the other panels so you cant tell it was repainted.
I feel its going to be a pain in the ass. That I feel its not going to be cheap.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #33
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
On my post where my door got damaged right below yours it would cost about $2,000 to get it fixed but that's with getting a new door and door handle which is what I wanted. Without the new parts it would probably cost about $1,000 because they have to repaint the entire thing plus blend the panels next to it or else you would be able to tell the color difference.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 AM   #34
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
On my post where my door got damaged right below yours it would cost about $2,000 to get it fixed but that's with getting a new door and door handle which is what I wanted. Without the new parts it would probably cost about $1,000 because they have to repaint the entire thing plus blend the panels next to it or else you would be able to tell the color difference.
Gosh I hope not that much for mine. It’s just the plastic bumper cover.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #35
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Heres your chance to practice. I would get some touch up paint, once scratch is completely filled, may take more than 1 coat probably 3 letting dry in between coats wet sand down starting with 800 grit to flat than 1500 grit than polish, have done this with good results on previous car with nice results. The beauty of this is worse case scenario it will cost you no more to fix than if you just took it somewhere! I'm sure you can get just be patient
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #36
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop View Post
Heres your chance to practice. I would get some touch up paint, once scratch is completely filled, may take more than 1 coat probably 3 letting dry in between coats wet sand down starting with 800 grit to flat than 1500 grit than polish, have done this with good results on previous car with nice results. The beauty of this is worse case scenario it will cost you no more to fix than if you just took it somewhere! I'm sure you can get just be patient
I would go this route as well. I bet you could get it looking pretty good with some touch up paint and patience.

Last edited by 24v; 09-14-2018 at 07:20 AM.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #37
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6 softtop View Post
You are correct.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #38
ItsChristianInHD

Update: she’s back home.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #39
ItsChristianInHD

Another update: had a tornado touch down a mile or so from work...