Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Direct Port Meth

Who has it and what made you change from nozzles in the intake tube to the 8 nozzles.

I currently have alky system feeding triple nozzles in my intake tube before the throttle body. Two m15 and one m10. Obviously, my combo relies on the meth as additional fuel. I have converted to a complete LT4 Fuel System, with a DSX AUX pump and 32% cam lobe.

I am thinking about sending my pro charger intake manifold to Pro Meth for their direct port system to remove the nozzles from my intake tube. What do I need to know or think about before making this change?
Old 05-24-2022, 09:46 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
Who has it and what made you change from nozzles in the intake tube to the 8 nozzles.

I currently have alky system feeding triple nozzles in my intake tube before the throttle body. Two m15 and one m10. Obviously, my combo relies on the meth as additional fuel. I have converted to a complete LT4 Fuel System, with a DSX AUX pump and 32% cam lobe.

I am thinking about sending my pro charger intake manifold to Pro Meth for their direct port system to remove the nozzles from my intake tube. What do I need to know or think about before making this change?
Given that you’re relying on the meth as fuel, going direct port will help ensure equal fueling, hopefully preventing a lean cylinder. Is there a reason you didn’t go with port injection instead?
Old 05-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Given that you’re relying on the meth as fuel, going direct port will help ensure equal fueling, hopefully preventing a lean cylinder. Is there a reason you didn’t go with port injection instead?
Yes its comes down to the complexity I want to stay at. I'm not looking to make more power, just improve the all around setup.

I sold my port injection manifold for this non port. I really like the idea of keeping one ecu. If I ever want to turn it up more the fore low side, big bore hpfp and +30/60 injectors are easily able to be purchased.

My reasoning for the direct port meth is exactly about preventing a lean cyl. The last two motors showed an uneven amount of burn/crud on clys which tells me the meth/air wasn't being distributed as well as I hoped.

I believe thinking the oem manifold would support an engine making double the power with FI and triple nozzle meth being spraying into the throttle body is a bad bet.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
Yes its comes down to the complexity I want to stay at. I'm not looking to make more power, just improve the all around setup.

I sold my port injection manifold for this non port. I really like the idea of keeping one ecu. If I ever want to turn it up more the fore low side, big bore hpfp and +30/60 injectors are easily able to be purchased.

My reasoning for the direct port meth is exactly about preventing a lean cyl. The last two motors showed an uneven amount of burn/crud on clys which tells me the meth/air wasn't being distributed as well as I hoped.

I believe thinking the oem manifold would support an engine making double the power with FI and triple nozzle meth being spraying into the throttle body is a bad bet.
I hear you about one ECU... did a big DI system myself.

Glad you caught the fueling distribution issue before it became a problem!