Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
superdave 72

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 2SS Garnet Red
Blue Light on Dash

Getting annoying dash indication for "tune" then dismiss...apparently something is going on with the 2018 2ss Radio....Radio works fine, but i get a Blue TUNE lite on the dash, it goes away in about ten seconds or it I hit "dismiss" . Radio reception is fine with NO indication of anything being wrong...WTF ?
superdave 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:20 PM   #2
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave 72 View Post
Getting annoying dash indication for "tune" then dismiss...apparently something is going on with the 2018 2ss Radio....Radio works fine, but i get a Blue TUNE lite on the dash, it goes away in about ten seconds or it I hit "dismiss" . Radio reception is fine with NO indication of anything being wrong...WTF ?
This sounds like the "favorite" indicator for favorite artist or song on SXM.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
Larmanius

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Similar question on my 2018 2SS: the AM radio reception is terrible. 1) If the engine and lights are on, huge static overwhelms audio. 2) if there's a power line in sight, terrible static. Sounds fine when parked with engine off. Is there any remedy?

My comparison is my old 2003 Ford Expedition, clear driving the same areas at same times of day.
Larmanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Radio ground is weak. But who knows what the fix is in this age of modular, remove and replace electronics?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
it would be nice if modular meant industry standard - open api connectivity for something like a radio so even if it's something you can't service yourself, you could take that black box out and throw it away and replace it with another more preferred black box from a better manufacturer with options that you want and have it work.

But that would be too pro-consumer. I can't stick my middle finger up hard enough at car manufacturers.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote