Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2020, 11:17 PM   #15
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Go for whatever you heart wants lol. I supercharged a 100k mile camaro and it ran fine for years. Regular maintenance is important. Car looks really nice so modify away my friend!
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #16
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
This LS family of engines will last a long time. The little 5.3 in a 2001 Tahoe, I orig bought for my wife but is still in the family with my niece just went over 350k - it drips a little bit oil but runs fine - it is a bit down on power now so it is time for a rebuild. Read up on Bo White's original engine it was supercharged for ~60K miles and he rebuilt it at 135K but it still looked good inside.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #17
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
If you take care and maintain your car it will outlive you and wind up as part of your last will and testament for someone to inherit. OR when you do pass you could always be buried in it and take it with you to your grave then no one gets it!
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #18
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
That’s a nice car. If you recently purchased it, base line it.
Change all fluids, hoses, belts, etc. Bring it up to date with all required or scheduled maintenance.

Do that first....then the mods suggested. Add gas and enjoy it!
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #19
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
If you take care and maintain your car it will outlive you and wind up as part of your last will and testament for someone to inherit. OR when you do pass you could always be buried in it and take it with you to your grave then no one gets it!
I tried to plan on that with one of my cars, turns out its not legal.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #20
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
I tried to plan on that with one of my cars, turns out its not legal.
Not trying to change the topic of the thread but if you want to bury a body on private land, you may be permitted to establish a family graveyard. Look into it you may yet get to do it, good luck.....I think?
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #21
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Do it! You won't regret it. These cars are built well and the LS platform is a proven platform for power, reliability, and mod-ability.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:47 PM   #22
IanPatrick

Drives: 2010 ss (850hp), 2011(ss) Cammed
have a 2011 Camaro then sometimes when in reverse throws every code and won't shift and the gauges have a hay day and it is an automatic has to get out disconnect the battery and reconnect and does it some of the time
IanPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #23
Newtothis

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
Camaro v6 2010

I have a bad cat. Repair is around $700. I get message saying bank 2 is below threshold. If i just do a cat delete but leave mufflers on will mu car be loud and vibrate and be obnoxious? I have someone who will cut them off and weld straight pipe in and put o2 sensor in the piece of straight pipe. For $80. Lot cheaper then fixing it for $700. Then run the chance of the other going bad and having to fix it to. Just advised to cut them off cause they just cause problems. I just dont want obnoxiously loud car. Thanks for any reply.
Newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #24
Jdd
MurderHornet

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS package
Yea ilmao yea fellas it's just a v6...i guess I should have stated that lol...but I still love it and want it as sharp as I can get it inside and out...im hoping to get an SS in the near future...are there any good performance chips I could get for it by chance?
Jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #25
Jdd
MurderHornet

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS package
It's funny I was always a mustang fan...ive owned 3 of them including a GT...this was my first camaro and owning this even it being a v6 I will never own a mustang again lol...i have def been converted to the camaro life😂😂
Jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #26
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothis View Post
I have a bad cat. Repair is around $700. I get message saying bank 2 is below threshold. If i just do a cat delete but leave mufflers on will mu car be loud and vibrate and be obnoxious? I have someone who will cut them off and weld straight pipe in and put o2 sensor in the piece of straight pipe. For $80. Lot cheaper then fixing it for $700. Then run the chance of the other going bad and having to fix it to. Just advised to cut them off cause they just cause problems. I just dont want obnoxiously loud car. Thanks for any reply.
It will be louder but shouldn't be obnoxious. Might get a drone but i don't know.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #27
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdd View Post
Yea ilmao yea fellas it's just a v6...i guess I should have stated that lol...but I still love it and want it as sharp as I can get it inside and out...im hoping to get an SS in the near future...are there any good performance chips I could get for it by chance?
I defiantly was knocking your ride because of it being a 6 just didn't notice tell it was pointed out. It's a nice looking car hope you enjoy it!
I love my SS and LFX both are great fun