Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #43
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The paint on these cars is the typical GM cheap.

The only problem I ever had was getting melted rubber on the car but I just used a dab of paint reducer on a rag to get the rubber off and go back with a touch of water on a different rag to be sure all the paint reducer is off. After doing a track day on the dirty surface of Sebring and seeing how well and quick the paint reducer works, that is all I use. You are going to get rock chip damage just driving this car around.

I also have a large magnetic pad that has numbers printed onto it instead of any type of tape on the door for car numbers, after going 140+ MPH over various surfaces and the magnetic pads not moving, it's been a huge plus
Old 01-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #44
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEASYE View Post
The paint on these cars is the typical GM cheap.

The only problem I ever had was getting melted rubber on the car but I just used a dab of paint reducer on a rag to get the rubber off and go back with a touch of water on a different rag to be sure all the paint reducer is off. After doing a track day on the dirty surface of Sebring and seeing how well and quick the paint reducer works, that is all I use. You are going to get rock chip damage just driving this car around.

I also have a large magnetic pad that has numbers printed onto it instead of any type of tape on the door for car numbers, after going 140+ MPH over various surfaces and the magnetic pads not moving, it's been a huge plus

this is what i use and i used to have a magnet but being my car is ceramic coated they didnt like to stick to them very well and this is what i use to remove rubber works awesome

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-09224.../dp/B005R5WGCS
Old 01-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #45
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
this is what i use and i used to have a magnet but being my car is ceramic coated they didnt like to stick to them very well and this is what i use to remove rubber works awesome

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-09224.../dp/B005R5WGCS
Thank You for that link, that is better than the stuff I use and cost about the same.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:21 AM   #46
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEASYE View Post
Thank You for that link, that is better than the stuff I use and cost about the same.

no worries i gotta clean my car up this weekend but its going to be raining all day saturday so gonna be fun haha