Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #85
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Ah good to know. Didn’t know it changed since my 14gt
Old 06-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #86
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
idk what gear or rpm the coyote was, i was in a camaro. he said 5k. it might’ve really been 4, i have no idea. fact is stock for stock it still jumped out at 40. his slightly modded car to mine still jumped out but i think it was mainly because i was spinning. 50 mph wasn’t as bad for me off the hit.

edit: i won’t lie, i expected more from the coyote. internet says they’re stone cold camaro killers. the car seems to run ok and has a driver.
Oh yea I figured, wasn't attacking you just saying. I'm also assuming it was a gen 3 coyote, if it was a 15-17 then maybe the rpm wasn't that far off since they are much more aggressively geared.

I expected more too, the internet people say one thing but real life and the published numbers say a different tale. The a10 coyotes are fast though, there's a relatively big discrepancy in the mustangs from auto to m6.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #87
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Oh yea I figured, wasn't attacking you just saying. I'm also assuming it was a gen 3 coyote, if it was a 15-17 then maybe the rpm wasn't that far off since they are much more aggressively geared.

I expected more too, the internet people say one thing but real life and the published numbers say a different tale. The a10 coyotes are fast though, there's a relatively big discrepancy in the mustangs from auto to m6.
i was just clarifying, mang.

it’s a 19 pp1 m6 car. nice car. i think i like the interior more and definitely enjoy the outward visibility aspect. i know on the ethanol tunes his car has more timing in it than mine. mine was dyno tuned where his was/is a remote tune. mine is exhaust, ported stock intake, e85.

performance wise i think the 2 are very comparable when same trans & mods. it boils down to the age old.. if you know what you’re doing, it’s going to run. both cars are awesome from the factory (except maybe the mustang manual trans..) but i guess that can be made a lot better with a few key modifications.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #88
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
There are a whole lot of factors as to why a cold air intake would perform a certain way with a stock tune car, let a lone comparing two different cars and engines. The lt1's have very sensitive MAF's as I know the 5.0s do as well, while these may both be K&N intakes they are not exactly the same either, very hard to compare being that nothing here is really apples to apples and the computers will react different to changes in air flow.

If we're going to be taking CAI manufacture provided numbers as any kind of hard data, then I'm sure Cold Air Inductions, Rotofab, Mishimoto, ect have some charts they can show with different curves.

Take this one from Cold Air Inductions. Not that anyone should take figures put out by a CAI manufacture too seriously, but this one is a very similar curve to the 5.0 K&N curve. Before you say the CAI CAI and K&N CAI aren't the same, neither are the K&N camaro and muatang CAI's.
I was mostly using those graphs to compare the two stock curve shapes. Knowing they are from the same dyno (K&N's dyno). My points were: a) for being 20% smaller displacement, the Gen 3 Coyote does a decent job at maintaining fairly close mid range torque to the LT1, and b) the flatness of the Coyote high rpm curve compared to the LT1 curve, which starts to drop off right after peak power, whereas the Coyote maintains peak power for several hundred rpm.

I hadn't looked at the Camaro K&N intake curve before, so I did make an observation about that at the end of my post.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:15 AM   #89
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
I was mostly using those graphs to compare the two stock curve shapes. Knowing they are from the same dyno (K&N's dyno). My points were: a) for being 20% smaller displacement, the Gen 3 Coyote does a decent job at maintaining fairly close mid range torque to the LT1, and b) the flatness of the Coyote high rpm curve compared to the LT1 curve, which starts to drop off right after peak power, whereas the Coyote maintains peak power for several hundred rpm.

I hadn't looked at the Camaro K&N intake curve before, so I did make an observation about that at the end of my post.
Yea and obviously my post was directed to your observation of the post K&N curves and your comparison of the two, which was nearly half of your post... same dyno sure, different days, different cars, and ultimately different cai's.

The coyote makes decent midrange for the displacement, yes, that point showed what everyone already knows about the way these engines make power lol.. just busting your balls.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 06-24-2020 at 11:31 AM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote