Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
acniv

Drives: Chev Camaro
Cooling Fan and Seat Covers?

So, I had to replace the cooling fan in the 16 'maro 2SS. 400.00 for the OEM part via GMOnline, the dealer wanted 650.00 just for the part. Since I bought the part, I swapped it myself with help...it's a BS job. If you need to swap one, just know your gonna have take off most hoses that are in the way, lose about 6 quarts of coolant, remove the shroud underneath, its a serious pain. Not to mention of course, the cost of the fan assembly, as I could not find just the fan or fan motor.
I learned the fan motor itself is SPAL, made in Italy. I was not able to find just the fan to mount in the GM shroud. If I had pulled the fan before hand, I may have been able to retro in a suitable fan but, I feel like I did the right thing swapping for the GM part. Just sharing for anyone who may run into the issue.
Moving on, I am super concerned about the leather seats. I can already see some wrinkling with only 17k miles on the car. So, anyone use seat covers on their leather? IME the seat covers end up causing damage to the seats, they rub over time and dull and damage the leather, just as much as just dealing with the damage from normal use. But, if anyone has used covers with success, Id like a recommendation on brand and model. I suppose at this point its the lesser of two evils.

Thanks
acniv is offline   Reply With Quote