mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #30
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You guys talk a lot about cheating, but what team (in this generation) doesn't try to get away with whatever they can. The mentality is whatever it takes to win, it's what all great champions are always accused of. Especially by the losing team. All teams get bad calls made against them and for them so it's easy to say it's "fixed" but the end result is what matters. I've never seen any other teams protest a loss based on a bad call, have you?
The only fixed game I've ever seen was the Superbowl with Pitt vs Seattle. I'm not a fan of either team, but the NFL clearly loved the story of Bettis finishing his career with a win in his hometown.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Yes, you're right, I forgot to add the phrase "led them to a Super Bowl victory?" That '72 team was a phenomenal team and they rightfully deserved that season and the Superbowl Victory. Yep 18-1 sucks just like the Giants LOL
Yeah - That 72' Team was awesome! I was living in Tampa at the time and watched every game on TV. But most everyone forgets that Earl Moral was the QB for most of the season. Griese was out for 8 weeks with a broken ankle.

I had the pleasure of meeting Earl Moral just before the 2008 BCS Championship Game which the Gators won. Earl's son Matt went to UF with some of my friends and got us a VIP parking pass. Anyway Earl is still upset at coach Shula for pulling him and putting Griese back in the game.
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
I've never seen any other teams protest a loss based on a bad call, have you?
Lolwut
Old 12-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #33
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #34
mikeyg36

Quote:
You guys talk a lot about cheating, but what team (in this generation) doesn't try to get away with whatever they can. The mentality is whatever it takes to win, it's what all great champions are always accused of. Especially by the losing team. All teams get bad calls made against them and for them so it's easy to say it's "fixed" but the end result is what matters. I've never seen any other teams protest a loss based on a bad call, have you?

And to just to clarify, AGAIN, what I meant by winning is winning is that the Patriots have won 3 SB, Dolphins 0...you know, New England vs Dolphins.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #35
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The only fixed game I've ever seen was the Superbowl with Pitt vs Seattle. I'm not a fan of either team, but the NFL clearly loved the story of Bettis finishing his career with a win in his hometown.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I guess that boiled down to trick play that gave them a two score lead. They were the heavily favored team to win.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
mikeyg36

Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #37
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Dude I'm talking about Spygate... Video taping other teams practices? Seriously that is some garbage.

The Dolphins have always been an honest organization.

The Patriots have had a culture of cheating all the way back to the "Snow Plow Incident" even when they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Even look at your boy Belichick. Think about how he came to your team. He's a crap person almost as vile as Nick Saban.

It's all good, the Phins are coming back. I have hope again since Tannehill looks like the real deal. W/O a leader of a QB it's hard to win games. We wandered through the wilderness this past decade with so many QB's (mostly worthless) that I've lost count. Hopefully (not really) the Pat's back up plan Ryan (I'm a pot head with anger issues) Mallett will be a good replacement for Brady and we can have some Shoot outs like the old days.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #38
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Dude I'm talking about Spygate... Video taping other teams practices? Seriously that is some garbage.

The Dolphins have always been an honest organization.

The Patriots have had a culture of cheating all the way back to the "Snow Plow Incident" even when they were one of the worst teams in the league.

Even look at your boy Belichick. Think about how he came to your team. He's a crap person almost as vile as Nick Saban.

It's all good, the Phins are coming back. I have hope again since Tannehill looks like the real deal. W/O a leader of a QB it's hard to win games. We wandered through the wilderness this past decade with so many QB's (mostly worthless) that I've lost count. Hopefully (not really) the Pat's back up plan Ryan (I'm a pot head with anger issues) Mallett will be a good replacement for Brady and we can have some Shoot outs like the old days.
Yea, I don't have a problem saying that spygate shit was that did have a negative impact on their credibility. Life after Brady will be like the Dolphins after Marino, a tough act to follow.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #39
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Shut up....WHAT?

Old 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #40
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Yea, I don't have a problem saying that spygate shit was that did have a negative impact on their credibility. Life after Brady will be like the Dolphins after Marino, a tough act to follow.

To be honest I think that bastage Bellicheat will have you guys running okay. Think about it, when Frady went down with the achilles Cassel came in like nothing happened. They went 11 and 4 or some crap. In contrast Peyton went down they won maybe 2 games?

Now what I am hoping is that Bellicheat decides to hang it up when Frady retires... Then you guys will be hurting.

Listen it's one of those things by my nature I hate Ford, Japanese cars, The Pats, Bills and Jets. It's just how it goes... lol

Old 12-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #41
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
I'm sorry real fans refer to ourselves collectively
Oh, I didn't realize that Giants fans considered themselves real

ly that passionate about being part of the team.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #42
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
To be honest I think that bastage Bellicheat will have you guys running okay. Think about it, when Frady went down with the achilles Cassel came in like nothing happened. They went 11 and 4 or some crap. In contrast Peyton went down they won maybe 2 games?

Now what I am hoping is that Bellicheat decides to hang it up when Frady retires... Then you guys will be hurting.

Listen it's one of those things by my nature I hate Ford, Japanese cars, The Pats, Bills and Jets. It's just how it goes... lol

Bellichek definitely has a proven system that works towards being successful, no matter who's playing. Look at the major players they have missing from the offense and defense.