#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
I guess if they really wanted to drop the hammer, they could have made Sean Peyton coach the Dolphins for a season.
now that would be awesome...for the fins. lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
"When Hall of Fame tailback Tony Dorsett was getting slammed to the turf in the 1970s, or Super Bowl-winning QB Joe Theismann’s leg was being gruesomely broken by Lawrence Taylor in the 1980s, it was just football."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...es-concussions
more than likely, the offenders didn't get paid extra money to hit Dorsett or to break Theismann's leg. That was the dumbest article i have ever read...
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #30
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
My thoughts are the saints got the right amount of punishment! They lied to the league on numerous occasion!

I wish the jets can get their Front office suspended for the tebow move!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
My thoughts are the saints got the right amount of punishment! They lied to the league on numerous occasion!

I wish the jets can get their Front office suspended for the tebow move!
Tebow will start at some point next year.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
CJ Man

I will put money on that not happening! Yes of Sanchez has a bad series or game the fans will be calling for tebow, but they would have been doing that had Jason Campbell, henne, or Orton was the back up!

Obviously the jets front office doesnt listen to the hoopla! If they did holmes would be gone, manning would be qb, Rex would be fired, tebow wouldn't be a jet!

I don't like the move personally, but the alternative is drew Stanton and it fits the coaches philosophy as much as I hate it the wildcat game plan! I think there were bigger holes then qb!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #33
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Jets could get top pick of every player in the league and still fail
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
CJ Man

So could saints, colts, fins, pats, etc. last I checked 31 teams fail every year
Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #35
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Now they're tracing this bounty thing back to the Redskins too.... How many more heads will roll??
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #36
PoorMansCamaro

and it just doesn't stop...for the saints...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...hes-home-games

wow...just wow...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
if this is true it completely invalidates the Super Bowl title
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #38
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
The penalties were in line with the crime, there is no doubt that the coach and management knew this was going on. They were under investigation and nothing was found and the investigation was suspended.

After the security questioned everyone, the fact that someone didnt go into the office/locker room and state something to the effect, I dont know if this was going on or not, but it stops now, and then at least appeared to take steps to prevent it from continuing or even starting. Didnt even appearently have a meeting about it, that shows a complete disregard for the rules and a feeling that they could do what they wanted.

As to weather any hits were done or anyone injured or not, that has no bearing on the case. If I and a bunch of friends plan a robbery and get arrested at the door before we make it into the bank, it doesnt matter that we never made it into the bank, we still get charged with attempted robbery and are sentenced as if we had actually held the place up before getting arrested.

and why does everyone bring up the "spy gate" issue? Other than breaking the rules, what similarity does "Bounty Gate" have with that crime? was Spygate cheating? yes. wrong? yes. potentially crippling or life ending? not even remotly, but Bounty Gate is all those and potentially crippling or life ending as well.

and last of all, someone has to be the first.......if its been going on forever, its obviously the teams werent going to do it on thier own, so someone needed to step in, and based on the fact that the teams werent going to do the right thing, they need to step in hard, send a message that will be remembered for many years. They did that.

If anything I think they were a little to lenient. But lets be honest, I think there was a good balance, is the penalty going to cause New Orleans to spiral down into a 20 year slump as the worst team in the NFL? No. Will it really even cause them to for sure come in last place in the division? not even close. They were punished, and punished big time, but they have a solid organization. The loss of the head Coach will hurt, and the GM if they lose someone major in the first few games, but in the long run, this was not a franchise killing event like everyone makes it out to be, not even a year ender for this season.

Hurt yes, kill no. and at the end of the day thats what punishment is meant to do, if you dont cause a little hurt at the start, you get no reform later when your talking big business like the NFL.

I think the only thing that would be a franchise killer for this year is if Brees doesnt sign at least before a significant amount of practice time has elapsed.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #39
PoorMansCamaro

and the new allogations?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #40
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I like the penalty given out, because it the same defensive coordinator who put S. Merriman out when he was with the Chargers, he was never the same. I feel that he is entiled to suit for his ongoing injury. And no I am not a lawyer or have ever sued anybody. Just my opinion.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
and the new allogations?
other than further interuption and distraction to the team, nothing much will come of it. Unless the spy equipment is still in place and wired to his booth, if it was I imagine within an hour after this was released it was removed, what do they have as proof?

I believe it said in one article I was reading the statute of limitations was 3 years for listening in by electronic or mechanical devices. If thats true the only thing they can do on the law side is prove he did it, no punishment.

Now the NFL can punish him, and will, and if proven he will lose his job following so closely on Bounty Gate, but even thats a worse case scenario.

I dont want to understate how much more damage this new distraction is going to cause, and what else will be found out, something not related always comes up when people are questioned by the feds, and it surprising what songs the birdies will sing to save thier bacon............it aint over.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #42
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
very interesting turn of events today....now, what about the coaches ?
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote