#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2022, 10:04 AM   #155
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
How would that work if you haven't taken delivery of the vehicle? So you can track any vehicle with a VIN? I hope not, as it sounds kind of creepy. Although, I can see a security lapse by GM.
You have to activate Onstar before delivery to track it. Not sure how to do this though.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #156
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
How would that work if you haven't taken delivery of the vehicle? So you can track any vehicle with a VIN? I hope not, as it sounds kind of creepy. Although, I can see a security lapse by GM.
Dealers can track every car that they order once it is built and ready to ship. This is a dealer only tool though.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #157
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
You have to activate Onstar before delivery to track it. Not sure how to do this though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Dealers can track every car that they order once it is built and ready to ship. This is a dealer only tool though.

I have Onstar for the vehicle I'm trading in. I'm not sure how @Schlock thought I could track it before it's delivered to me, which would negate me wanting to track it for delivery's sake.

Speaking of, @GearheadSS I noticed a nice ZL1 in transit out in your neck of the woods. https://www.britainchevy.com/new/Che...91ae781549.htm I called about it and it's spoken for though, yours by chance?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #158
GearheadSS

Quote:
I have Onstar for the vehicle I'm trading in. I'm not sure how @Schlock thought I could track it before it's delivered to me, which would negate me wanting to track it for delivery's sake.

Speaking of, @GearheadSS I noticed a nice ZL1 in transit out in your neck of the woods. https://www.britainchevy.com/new/Che...91ae781549.htm I called about it and it's spoken for though, yours by chance?
Not mine personally but I did sell it. It was a sold order that my customer placed in October of last year. Just showed up yesterday. Headed to California.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2022, 11:21 AM   #159
GearheadSS

Oh and for those of you with ZL1s(especially 1LE) that have been sitting at LGR recently. CHECK YOUR TIRES! Specifically, make sure your dealer checks the tires when it is unloaded. These are the tires of the ZL1 1LE that was unloaded here yesterday. Badly cracked due to the car being moved and loaded at LGR in below freezing temps after sitting in single digit temps overnight.

I'm guessing every ZL1 1LE on the transport was like this.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #160
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not mine personally but I did sell it. It was a sold order that my customer placed in October of last year. Just showed up yesterday. Headed to California.
Beautiful car. I almost hate that I didn't order the 1LE (thought maybe too firm for my needs) given how great the front and wing look, although then I see the pics you posted of the tires, and I'm glad I didn't. Kind of curious if that other wild cherry is mine. Although I was at the dealership yesterday and he showed me where it was on a map (near Atlanta).
Old 02-02-2022, 11:36 AM   #161
GearheadSS

Quote:
Beautiful car. I almost hate that I didn't order the 1LE (thought maybe too firm for my needs) given how great the front and wing look, although then I see the pics you posted of the tires, and I'm glad I didn't. Kind of curious if that other wild cherry is mine. Although I was at the dealership yesterday and he showed me where it was on a map (near Atlanta).
Disregard my previous question.

That one isn't yours if you didn't order a 1LE. All of those are 1LEs. Only ZL1 1LEs get shipped from LGR to Texas by truck. All other Camaros ship by rail into Texas and then are loaded onto a truck at whatever railyard they end up at in Texas.

The other Cherry Red 1LE on the transport that I posted is headed to Rudolph Chevrolet in El Paso.

Last edited by GearheadSS; 02-02-2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:46 PM   #162
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Disregard my previous question.

That one isn't yours if you didn't order a 1LE. All of those are 1LEs. Only ZL1 1LEs get shipped from LGR to Texas by truck. All other Camaros ship by rail into Texas and then are loaded onto a truck at whatever railyard they end up at in Texas.

The other Cherry Red 1LE on the transport that I posted is headed to Rudolph Chevrolet in El Paso.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I started to see a trend with all the wings on the upper deck. Would be interesting to see how many of those had the same tire issue. Have you seen the cracking on the non 1LE iterations of the ZL1? I thought I saw that they both use Goodyear rubber, just different sizing when I built mine out, but I may be mistaken. I'm looking at going to the 1LE tire size as the first thing I do with my ZL1, although if I can go even wider (legally) I may consider it.

When I purchased my SS Sedan, the first video I saw was Motor Trend's review of it with Randy Pobst. He commented on how it put the power down better than the SS and the Z28, which wasn't necessarily because the SS had any wider rubber than either, but probably because it had more weight. Thus I figure a wider tire may help put down all that power.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #163
GearheadSS

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, I think I started to see a trend with all the wings on the upper deck. Would be interesting to see how many of those had the same tire issue. Have you seen the cracking on the non 1LE iterations of the ZL1? I thought I saw that they both use Goodyear rubber, just different sizing when I built mine out, but I may be mistaken. I'm looking at going to the 1LE tire size as the first thing I do with my ZL1, although if I can go even wider (legally) I may consider it.

When I purchased my SS Sedan, the first video I saw was Motor Trend's review of it with Randy Pobst. He commented on how it put the power down better than the SS and the Z28, which wasn't necessarily because the SS had any wider rubber than either, but probably because it had more weight. Thus I figure a wider tire may help put down all that power.
I haven't personally seen any. This is the only one we've ever gotten in that had cracked tires. The bulletin GM published a few years back included all cars with summer only tires in it.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #164
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBlueZLE View Post
I did not email Carl Black directly, since when i built my car that i wanted to order on Chevy's website, they were one of the dealers i selected that were near me to inquire a quote from... never got an email or response from them. I actually was thinking of using them for servicing though as I have heard their servicing department is good from a couple of people.

I spent a couple weeks corresponding with various dealers prior to choosing Stingray. as for how i chose dealers to email, since i wasnt going to contact every dealer. I started by looked for ones that had vehicles listed at close to MSRP (not just camaros) for vehicles on lot, figured how they price their inventory would be indicative of how they would price ordered vehicles as well.

Many thanks to RapidBlueZLE for suggesting Stingray. Today I placed my order for 2SS 1LE. Handled everything over the phone and email. They were very easy to work with. No premium markup, $500 deposit, and accepted my GMS. Now the wait begins!

Anyone who is looking to order in Central FL, don't waste your time with dealers on east coast or in Orlando. Call Stingray and speak to Ryan, he'll take care of you.
Odabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #165
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
I have a 2022 Rapid Blue for sale that has only 300 miles on it. Sticker $78k selling for $83K
Attached Images

Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:03 AM   #166
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
I have a 2022 Rapid Blue for sale that has only 300 miles on it. Sticker $78k selling for $83K
Why are you selling it so soon, if you don't mind me asking?...

Geoff
Jofu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:37 AM   #167
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
I'm waiting to hear back to put in my order. I have the build ready, but still can't decide between manual and auto. My ss 1le was manual and I loved it most of the time, but was annoyed when I just wanted to cruise around and not think about it. Then, I got the auto in the Grand Sport, and it was just boring. I feel like the 650/650 means the car would be a lot easier in auto, but am I wrong? Is the manual totally fine at this power level? I know it's a tick slower, but that's not a huge concern.

What about with mods? I don't have many planned, but if I choose to go that route, will I regret getting one transmission over another? Appreciate any input before I finalize this order.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #168
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
You didn't say whether you're ordering the ZLE or the ZL1, but since you've owned a SS 1LE with a manual, I'd expect the ZL1 to drive abut the same with more low end torque. If you're a manual guy and this isn't a daily driver, I'd get the 6 speed. In a couple of years they'll be history in a new GM car. The 10 speed auto is a better trans in every area than the 2 8 speed autos you've owned, but it's still an auto.

It really depends on your plans for the car though. If I was doing a high hp build, I'd get the auto which is proven to handle most builds.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote