Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-21-2021, 05:37 PM   #15
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This is why they make chippers and bone-saws.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 06-21-2021 at 07:46 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:02 AM   #16
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
If you really want to start questioning things, remove or pull back the panels on the left and right sides. Especially the left side, the right sides where the battery is at but that left side is all dead empty space that they just blocked off with that panel that they could have used and gotten so much bigger of a truck with just a different design of body interior panel. There's a lot of little design issues with this car that I don't understand how they got through the testing without anybody saying anything? The Bluetooth speaker placement, no flat spot on the dash for cell phone mount drunk opening size, things like that that just you would figure would be caught in on road testing. Still love the car but some of these little things are a pain in the ass.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:38 AM   #17
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I put my golf clubs in the passenger seat.

I just had golf league last night. I put my clubs in the trunk. All I have to do is take my driver out and I put that in the passenger seat. The rest fit in the trunk. I take this car all the time golfing with my wife and I. I fold the back seat down and can put both my clubs, my wife's clubs and her 3 wheel cart in the trunk. Not a big deal or inconvenience to me at all. Nothing like loading the clubs in the Camaro, cruising off to some new course, hitting 18 holes, cruising off to some new place to grab a burger, then cruising some new back roads back home.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I just had golf league last night. I put my clubs in the trunk. All I have to do is take my driver out and I put that in the passenger seat. The rest fit in the trunk. I take this car all the time golfing with my wife and I. I fold the back seat down and can put both my clubs, my wife's clubs and her 3 wheel cart in the trunk. Not a big deal or inconvenience to me at all. Nothing like loading the clubs in the Camaro, cruising off to some new course, hitting 18 holes, cruising off to some new place to grab a burger, then cruising some new back roads back home.
Yep, agree. Discovered this on the showroom floor. Do not think you should have to remove your driver and keep it in the back seat. But partly for me on principle. I know the test clubs GM uses a a circa 1960 Sunday bag with an at the time 43" driver. And GM past their own internal test. Problem is it's not current. Literally an inch away from success. That and the Gen5 managed 2 sets somewhat easily with a bit of practice. A driver by itself does not fit in a Gen6 trunk.

Glad you have a solution that works for you.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
fit a 6 foot mail box post with the cross brace in my 5th gen trunk last year.i had to fold down the seat,but still...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #20
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
The most I've ever put in the trunk is 3 cases of water and 2 grocery bags. It'll fit more than that but ya gotta lean forward parallel with the trunk opening while holding whatever you intend to place behind the back seat. Not so good for lower back muscles. And I've never folded rear seat, kinda pointless.

If I need more trunk space, I use my '16 Malibu to go shopping.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:53 PM   #21
backstroke3229
Joe

Drives: 2004 Tahoe Z71, 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Didn't know the fed requires the lights to be on a fixed part of the body, but makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

2004 Tahoe Z71:
Doug Thorley Tri-Y Catless Headers | K&N | Corsa Sport Catback | E85 | Tuned by Blackbear Performance
18x10 -24 Moto Metals | 33x12.5x18's BFG K/O 2's | Full Dynamat | 2x10" Subs, 750W RMS | 4x6.5's, 75W RMS
backstroke3229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #22
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
If you really want to start questioning things, remove or pull back the panels on the left and right sides. Especially the left side, the right sides where the battery is at but that left side is all dead empty space that they just blocked off with that panel that they could have used and gotten so much bigger of a truck with just a different design of body interior panel. There's a lot of little design issues with this car that I don't understand how they got through the testing without anybody saying anything? The Bluetooth speaker placement, no flat spot on the dash for cell phone mount drunk opening size, things like that that just you would figure would be caught in on road testing. Still love the car but some of these little things are a pain in the ass.
The electrical system is even worse for some of the design decisions they made. The interior spectrum lighting uses no less than 10 computers and seems to be designed to maximize complexity. It honestly seems to be a complete hack job between various different vehicle systems.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote