Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #29
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Since you're already always blowing past everyone, you don't need to put the tail lights back in! Just add those to your weight savings!
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #30
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Since you're already always blowing past everyone, you don't need to put the tail lights back in! Just add those to your weight savings!
LMAO!

Yeah at this point it's all about safety for sure
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #31
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
weigh all this stuff and update the weight thread with specifics of each item
Just in glue and seam sealer being removed is approx 20lbs!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #32
NickyRacerBoy

Things are coming along slower than I anticipated once the car is done I'll pick it up and every part will be thrown on the shipping scale and a picture. Each picture will show the weight and the park along with the part number
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #33
NickyRacerBoy

A keen eye I will identify why the roll bar is so low from the roof line. Not tig around perimeter of the tubing. Tubing through the floor of the car to the ground of the shop allowing steel wheel for proper welding
Old 12-14-2018, 12:23 AM   #34
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
A keen eye I will identify why the roll bar is so low from the roof line. Not tig around perimeter of the tubing. Tubing through the floor of the car to the ground of the shop allowing steel wheel for proper welding
In my drag cars, that's how we had to do it to get the full perimeter welds at the A-pillar, etc. Can't wait to see yours all completed.

Are you going to drive it on the street anymore is it track only now? The reality is a low roof car like this or my prior 4th-Gen, etc. puts the roof bar right at / near your helmetless head on the street.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:52 AM   #35
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
In my drag cars, that's how we had to do it to get the full perimeter welds at the A-pillar, etc. Can't wait to see yours all completed.

Are you going to drive it on the street anymore is it track only now? The reality is a low roof car like this or my prior 4th-Gen, etc. puts the roof bar right at / near your helmetless head on the street.

Yeah I'll cruise it but I know the perils of the bar. Six point will be worn. Gotta pretty cool street car that I can drive on the street if the need exists
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2018, 01:29 AM   #36
RUQWIKR

What type of door bars are they putting in? Are they designing the cage to meet a certain rule set? Wondering as I'm probably going down the path like you next year on the SS 1LE as I'm going to have my sons in it more.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #37
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
What type of door bars are they putting in? Are they designing the cage to meet a certain rule set? Wondering as I'm probably going down the path like you next year on the SS 1LE as I'm going to have my sons in it more.
6'3" 260 so wanna go with what Porsche run in cup cars. Will be inspected and approved for NASA and SCCA. Fab guy has built many road course cages. Not so much drag stuff.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:56 AM   #38
NickyRacerBoy

Something online long these lines but more gusseting
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #39
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Nice! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Here is my 5th gen 1LE... 3475lbs more to come hopefully over winter. Welded in rear roll only, welded to B pillars too.
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #40
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Nice! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Here is my 5th gen 1LE... 3475lbs more to come hopefully over winter. Welded in rear roll only, welded to B pillars too.

Nice!
So there is hope for 3400 for me?
I ordered Anderson carbon fiber doors but not holding my breath on delivery date.
You have lighter rims battery and what else?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #41
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I have the 21lbs braille. Also removed six feet of battery cable. I have carbon ceramic z/28 brakes and z/28 wheels. Brakes and wheels was 100lbs savings alone. I also dont have an IP took it all out (hvac, AC etc). My rear roll cage was around 100lbs add. I still have some more ideas I am working on over winter and my entire body and glass is still stock.

My biggest problem was car picked up like a pick up after all the mass was out. So lowering it on BMR 1.25” only got me slightly under stock lol. Working to put z/28 DSSVs on the car now and swapping all control arms to z/28, including stab bars which are a lot smaller and lighter.

Keep on pushing man. What are you doing for suspension?
Old 12-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #42
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I have the 21lbs braille. Also removed six feet of battery cable. I have carbon ceramic z/28 brakes and z/28 wheels. Brakes and wheels was 100lbs savings alone. I also dont have an IP took it all out (hvac, AC etc). My rear roll cage was around 100lbs add. I still have some more ideas I am working on over winter and my entire body and glass is still stock.

My biggest problem was car picked up like a pick up after all the mass was out. So lowering it on BMR 1.25” only got me slightly under stock lol. Working to put z/28 DSSVs on the car now and swapping all control arms to z/28, including stab bars which are a lot smaller and lighter.

Keep on pushing man. What are you doing for suspension?
Dam sounds nice man.
Suspension. Is bone stock.
Buddy in full T1 C5 has run 1.07 at Lightning at NJMP. I've overlaid his AIM data over my 1.11 and I need to brake later. Now his car is 650 lbs lighter. Getting weight out is first then possibly look at suspension.