Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
Motor mount removal

Anyone got any tips on the easiest way to replace the motor mounts?

Motor in car, headers outs, had an issue with the TSP 2” headers not clearing the steering shaft and wanted to see if the BMR full motor mounts (one with Dom tuning) will help make a difference.

One the driver side having troubles getting to the front bottom 15mm bolt, was trying to see if there is a way to undo the bolt without trying to drop the subframe, haven’t start pass side yet, but don’t know if it’s eaiser to support the engine, drop the subframe and go from there or if there is any other way to do it. Thanks
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goohead View Post
Anyone got any tips on the easiest way to replace the motor mounts?

Motor in car, headers outs, had an issue with the TSP 2” headers not clearing the steering shaft and wanted to see if the BMR full motor mounts (one with Dom tuning) will help make a difference.

One the driver side having troubles getting to the front bottom 15mm bolt, was trying to see if there is a way to undo the bolt without trying to drop the subframe, haven’t start pass side yet, but don’t know if it’s eaiser to support the engine, drop the subframe and go from there or if there is any other way to do it. Thanks
The bolt that goes into the motor or the one that goes to the sub frame? Either way, flex extensions help a lot

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

I think I can grab the bolt to the sub frame from the top but some of the bolts to the motor are pretty hard to access especially the one By the rack and pinion on the driver side
Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goohead View Post
I think I can grab the bolt to the sub frame from the top but some of the bolts to the motor are pretty hard to access especially the one By the rack and pinion on the driver side
I don't have any real tips, I just remembered it being a pain. I think you want to do the front two bolts (on the motor before the rear 2). It seems like the last one, would roll the motor a little, which made it even harder to acess

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I think I had to either loosen or take of the header bolts, can only imagine it is tighter with 2". AFAIK the driver's side was easier, cause the passenger side has a spacer and needs to have the oil drainback line tucked under, that if you are not careful with will crack the factory catch can.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Headers are out
Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #7
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
heck mine just fell in then..... I did NOT drop the subframe (did when I did the cam), I did jack the motor up a good bit or the bottom facing stud ain't going into the hole in the subframe.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote