Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #631
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
You’re wrong
Prove me wrong . I'll be waiting .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #632
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Let me know when you can "build your own" drag racer, the C8 does a sub 3 0 -60, that is fast, no matter if you use a drag race, stopwatch, street fight or just get beat down by the car. Please find me a single 1LE on this board with street tires with ANY FORM of power added that can do a sub 3.0 0 - 60. For me I think it can be done but will require a Zl1 trans or a 3.27 rear gear set out of a 3.6 1LE... cause the manual can't shift fast enough for the sub 3.0.

"Not that hard" by somebody that has not done it. Lastly, there are 1LE at my local autoX and road race, so far I have not been impressed. Maybe they need a larger track dunno. Maybe the old geezer drivers that own them just can't shift anymore
You show me an official quarter mile times for the C8 Base and C8 Z51 Oldman , until then keep the timing talk between yourself and your high heeled admin buddies at the water cooler.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #633
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
You are wrong , its not as easy as you think to build a car for road course . The SS 1Le is an amazing car for its money and track capability.
If you read closely he is saying the 1LE is an amazing car. Heck the SS is amazing, but clearly, there is a new game in town. mid-engine with DCT.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:01 PM   #634
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
60K C8, very tempting to dump my SS. The insurance alone will be 200-300 more a month, but YOLO
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #635
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
If you read closely he is saying the 1LE is an amazing car. Heck the SS is amazing, but clearly, there is a new game in town. mid-engine with DCT.
I agree they are both amazing , i remember the times when you could only get a 180 HP Z28 . I was disagreeing with him building a 4th gen that could carve corners , i'm sure someone could improve some of the handling but not to the level of a SS1Le , it would cost a hell of a lot money .And if you did you would need a kidney belt to drive it . The C8 will still be priced out of the range of most buyers . I'm looking forward to sitting in one next weekend .
Old 08-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #636
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Since I work from home Camaro can be my only car but no way would I drive a Vette that much and for similar options it's ~$30k more. Camaro is reasonably practical as well. Very different cars, but for those who own a Camaro as a pure toy then sure, but I probably wouldn't choose the Camaro as a pure toy anyways, it's too big and practical.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #637
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
60K C8, very tempting to dump my SS. The insurance alone will be 200-300 more a month, but YOLO
Holy crap, who do you have insurance with?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #638
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
You show me an official quarter mile times for the C8 Base and C8 Z51 Oldman , until then keep the timing talk between yourself and your high heeled admin buddies at the water cooler.
Your whistling in the dark, GM usually under quotes times..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #639
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Holy crap, who do you have insurance with?
I was always told never buy a new Vette, get the 6 month dealer buyback, cause the young guy can't afford insurance. I bet with ONE ticket many of you young men will be looking at $6000 a year for insurance.. So I'll just pickup your C8 el cheapo on the slightly used dealer lot. Gotta love being a skinflint... Now I want orange base model, please.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #640
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just poking at the extreme but if you want race rexults to be about you, you’ll need to consider running. Even bicycling starts to get equipment dependent. You want to shift it, but you have 0 to do with drive ratios and active chassis controls (of course all the manual lovers turn those off......let me tell you about the CTF Z06s back in 06 lol) fuel ratios, on and on. You are dependent on the machine and shifting it is the last bastion of our control.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #641
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
I was always told never buy a new Vette, get the 6 month dealer buyback, cause the young guy can't afford insurance. I bet with ONE ticket many of you young men will be looking at $6000 a year for insurance.. So I'll just pickup your C8 el cheapo on the slightly used dealer lot. Gotta love being a skinflint... Now I want orange base model, please.
That’s me, 56 years young. In the last three years I’ve had two tickets, 90 in the 55 and 91 in a 70, but the trooper wrote it as 84 in a 70, so no points. I pay less than $2,400 a year for my SS 1LE AND my wife’s Accord, with a $150 deductible.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #642
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just poking at the extreme but if you want race rexults to be about you, you’ll need to consider running. Even bicycling starts to get equipment dependent. You want to shift it, but you have 0 to do with drive ratios and active chassis controls (of course all the manual lovers turn those off......let me tell you about the CTF Z06s back in 06 lol) fuel ratios, on and on. You are dependent on the machine and shifting it is the last bastion of our control.
It's not so much about the mechanical side of the equipment or its specs as it is about whether that equipment can make any control decisions that are within easy human capability to keep up with.

Things like fueling and ignition mapping that vary on a millisecond level aren't within any semblance of human capability to control in real time, and in that respect EFI is no more advanced than carburetors and distributor advance/retard mechanisms were in the 1960's. Just way more precise.

Drive ratios and even transmission ratios are within the modifier's bag of tricks, though the number of choices is clearly limited. But that's kind of a straw man when the discussion is about whether the driver gets to provide all of his vehicle's dynamic control inputs and decisions or passes any of them off to hydraulic or electronic logic . . . said logic being programmed by somebody else with different thoughts and a different agenda than yours might be at any given instant.

Back in the 1980's I was racing bicycles, BMX racing to be specific. Let's just say if you could think far enough out of the box it could be more equipment-dependent than most realized (still hanging on a nail in the garage is my ABA National #4 in age group number plate). But that's still on the "vehicle design" level, not on handing off any riding/racing decisions.

Norm
Old 08-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #643
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It's not so much about the mechanical side of the equipment or its specs as it is about whether that equipment can make any control decisions that are within easy human capability to keep up with.
And even superman can't shift as fast as a DCT... nuff said.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #644
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Take rate for M7 in the C7 dropped to 15% last year, according to Tadge
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote