Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #43
Outahand

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I daily drive my ZL1 and park it direct front and center. In the first no parking spot so I can see it from the building.

Some high end cars in the lot also but mine is the best......
87 Grand National. Stock
65 Olds Vista Cruiser wagon Grand National motor/tran
66 Bronco Rockbuggy
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins 6 speed
Outahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #44
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
My work had an employee car, truck, and bike show last month. Quite a few of us who brought out some nice toys. Was a good time.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #45
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I know what you mean about the envy some people have about these cars. I only have a V6 model, but I have extremely low mileage with some tasteful mods and I keep my car pristine at all times.

I have a friend of a friend who is a trust fund multi-millionaire and she always makes a big deal out my car whenever she sees it. One day after helping her with some home improvement projects, we were both getting into our vehicles at the same time in the driveway. I guess the wind was blowing downhill in her direction and she got a big whiff of that new car smell when I opened my door and she made a big deal out of it. It was like I was driving a Bentley or something. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:10 PM   #46
kinkmangc

Drives: looking and looking
Dam it is sad how people can be jealous. Even a 2SS is not really that expensive compared to big trucks that are everywhere now. My bosses, bosses boss actually drives a brand new ferrari to work everyday. It's not a flashy red one, but a subtle beautiful grey one. Some people get pissed about it. But it is cool to see one being daily driven and enjoyed and not just setting in a garage. I am glad he is enjoying it. He worked hard and earned it.
kinkmangc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #47
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Back in 2013 I bought a very well kept 2009 base Vette and it took me a year before I finally drove it to work during the Xmas holiday as I knew most would be gone as I used to think the same because I was promoted to an executive level management.
Then I finally said screw it, I work hard for what I have and don't care. I bought a new 2016 Z06 and drove that to work mostly on Fridays during the summer. I now own a ZL1 vert and drove it on occasion to work on Friday as well. Due to my position at work, I have one of the front row parking spots, so everyone notices as they walk right by. I've gotten to the point that it is what it is and I can drive whatever I want to and so can anyone else...OP, don't worry about it and enjoy what you have!!
FASTNUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:15 AM   #48
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Driving a nice looking modern muscle car is like being the unsung hero in my opinion. I suppose it really depends on where you work but most downtown cores have enough high end cars that makes driving a relatively cheap Camaro cool. I have to drive through the rough east-side to get to the office downtown and many times while waiting at a traffic light the some derelict folk will make a point of giving thumbs up and saying "nice car!" while a Lambo or G wagon next to me gets no such attention. People often hate such opulent cars because it's just really selfish most time especially when there is a guy standing next to you at an intersection who clearly has mental health issues and is hungry. I just think it's pretty clear who buys a car or anything as a status symbol or just because they're really into it. If you bought something just to be a braggart then yes park it far, far away, off the edge of a cliff, but if you just truly like and enjoy something, then to hell with any haters. Park it right up front!

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:19 AM   #49
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
What kind of job do you have that co worker jealous about your SS?
ZL1 yes, understandable... not sure about SS tho.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #50
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
People can be very judgmental for sure! I bought a used C6 Corvette a couple years ago for under $25k and everyone thought I got a raise or suddenly became rich! It was a really weird feeling knowing what people were thinking. I had a neighbor comment “wow, new Vette! Must be nice!” as if I was loaded or something. I had many occasions when I had to explain that I paid less for that car than their Prius, Equinox, or Focus! All I would get is a confused look on their faces! Lol! I have a company truck that I use for commuting to work but on occasion I would drive the Vette, or now my 6th gen Camaro, but I always felt uncomfortable, kinda like I was rubbing my good fortune in the workers face. I never hid it at work though. People will think what they think no matter what!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:15 AM   #51
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Trade your Hellcat in on one and see what happens.
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #52
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
I park wherever people aren’t so I don’t get dinged or I find the one off spots where ther s no spot next to it, by a curb, end of a row etc.

People always make remarks about my car when they see what i drive and they think I make “a lot of money to afford that car” and mines just the V6. I guess people think they’re more expensive than they are. I technically do make like $15+ more an hour over 70% of the people I work with but I had to earn that so I don’t care what anyone thinks.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #53
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Where I work, the public can get too insanely easy which sucks! It bothers my nerves. In turn, I keep my business quiet, (how much I pull in, what I drive, where I live) because I believe it’s my business not theirs. The few amount of people that know what I drive always compliment on how my car looks and how beautiful the color is etc. and how hard I work. I do get the occasional (you should buy a beater car for the winter so it doesn’t rust). I tell them it’s polished and washed on a weekly basis they buzz off. I bought it too drive it. I always tell people that ask how I afford it, “just save you’re cash don’t blow it, and take extra hours when you can?”
I always park between people I’m friends with so I hav w a barrier around my car.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #54
heloman69

Drives: 2018 2SS Nightfall Gray, A8
I don't hide it, but I do park it as far out as possible. I can use the exercise that walking farther gives me. Plus, it allows me to avoid the door dings that come from other people who don't care how they park, or open their car doors.
heloman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:32 PM   #55
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Screw them all! Base price on an SS is just a bit more than a fully loaded Toyota Camry...it's not like these cars are Ferraris.
It's funny because when one of my coworkers saw my car he couldn't believe that I could afford it. My first question to him was, "How much did you pay for your Grand Cherokee?" He says "42K", I said "I paid less than you". Bottom line, these cars, especially in 1LE trim, have the look of $50K+ vehicle. Ultimately though, it's just another Camaro. As the post above states, you can get an SS for the price of a loaded Camry.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #56
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Yes, but it's because people would look down on it rather than be jealous! Bunch of Teslas, high end BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, etc...
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote