Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
Sixgunsled

Drives: 2017 camaro SS 1LE
Time to build my monster. Shooting for a 1000whp daily driver

First off let me say that this thread is to get knowledge and opinions from the great and knowledgeable guys on this forum. Also if your going to ask why I am building a 1000whp daily driver there are multiple answers: 1. It sounded like fun, 2. I make youtube videos on building my cars and it makes for good content 3. I do like to race at the drag strip occasionally 4. I plan on doing other events like 1/2 mile shootouts as well. This is going to be a car I COULD daily but mostly just drive it when I want and race it occasionally.

I know there are many things I will need to upgrade to support this power level ie. drive shaft, clutch, axles, ect but this thread is going to be based solely on getting the car to the power level I want.

The set up on the car as it sits: 2017 Camaro SS manual

D1SC Procharger w/ stage II intercooler and BOV
Kooks 1 7/8 headers w/ kooks high flow cats
MBRP Race series exhaust - the one without mufflers
tuned on VP110 octane
We dialed the tune down to 650whp just to be on the safe side since I dont have forged internals and any closer 700 was just too much for me to feel comfortable.

I am selling the D1 procharger head unit to a friend and the stage II intercooler as I will be upgrading to the F1a-94 and the 4.5" core procharger race intercooler. Still air to air since its going to be a daily, didn't want to deal with the complexities added by air to water. The procharger air to water intercooler also doesn't come with a place to put in ice which I think is a complete oversight. I almost went hellion twin turbo but the 9K price tag just steered me back towards procharger seeing as how I can just swap the head unit and I got a REALLY good deal on the intercooler.

I have a boost cam going in as well as diamond forged pistons, forged rods, bearings, and rings.

NEED ADVICE HERE: The high flow cats will be coming off and catless connection pipes going on. Should I stick with the kooks 1 7/8 headers or upgrade to the 2" headers? I found a killer deal on a set. Either way, cats are gone

I'd really like to run %100 e85, which is doable, but I'd like to not run meth if I can help it. Problem is after talking to Pray, I may have to run it in the summer months just to help lower the IAT's. Not sure yet, i'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. I'm hoping with the much larger intercooler and if I need it the help of either a killer chiller or a coolant expansion tank I might get away without using it.

The other fork in the road is do I go aux fuel port injection set up or upgrade all the DI stuff? With the port injection stuff I'll need an aftermarket intake manifold then all the stuff to do the port injection. If i go DI i can just retain the stock manifold but it is a little more expensive.

For port injection I think it would be awesome to use the holley hi ram intake with some fuel rails on the side and be one of the only 6th gens running around with the hi ram intake. I know I would need a larger cowl hood but damn it would look cool under there. But I have been thinking about a G1Pro, procharger intake, and MSD intake as well.

For the DI route I'd go with the lingenfelter high pressure fuel pump, the FIC DI high flow injectors, and probably an LT4 lowside pump (if needed a boost a pump on it as well). I think with e85 that should be able to get me pretty damn close to 1000whp.

Not related to horsepower but I also have in/on the car:
Carbon fiber cowl hood weighs 8lbs
carlyle racing 15" conversion kit
Braum elite series seats, harness bar, and 5 point harnesses

Any guidance, information, experience would be appreciated.
15" conversion
Port injection

22K+ followers on Instagram @Sixgunsled
6.4K subscribers YouTube: Sixgunsled
Sixgunsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I'll be following this good luck. For me, I would do the Goetz intake and dual injection just for the looks alone!
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
You need to go ahead and put an RPM 6 pt roll bar in and not just a harness bar. You can do the install yourself. Don't cut short on safety with that much hp.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Sixgunsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
You need to go ahead and put an RPM 6 pt roll bar in and not just a harness bar. You can do the install yourself. Don't cut short on safety with that much hp.
I’m tracking I will need a roll cage with this much power and to be able to run on the drag strip but again this thread is meant to address getting To that horsepower level.
15" conversion
Port injection

Old 07-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #5
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
in. as this is my ultimate goal as well.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixgunsled View Post
First off let me say that this thread is to get knowledge and opinions from the great and knowledgeable guys on this forum. Also if your going to ask why I am building a 1000whp daily driver there are multiple answers: 1. It sounded like fun, 2. I make youtube videos on building my cars and it makes for good content 3. I do like to race at the drag strip occasionally 4. I plan on doing other events like 1/2 mile shootouts as well. This is going to be a car I COULD daily but mostly just drive it when I want and race it occasionally.

I know there are many things I will need to upgrade to support this power level ie. drive shaft, clutch, axles, ect but this thread is going to be based solely on getting the car to the power level I want.

The set up on the car as it sits: 2017 Camaro SS manual

D1SC Procharger w/ stage II intercooler and BOV
Kooks 1 7/8 headers w/ kooks high flow cats
MBRP Race series exhaust - the one without mufflers
tuned on VP110 octane
We dialed the tune down to 650whp just to be on the safe side since I dont have forged internals and any closer 700 was just too much for me to feel comfortable.

I am selling the D1 procharger head unit to a friend and the stage II intercooler as I will be upgrading to the F1a-94 and the 4.5" core procharger race intercooler. Still air to air since its going to be a daily, didn't want to deal with the complexities added by air to water. The procharger air to water intercooler also doesn't come with a place to put in ice which I think is a complete oversight. I almost went hellion twin turbo but the 9K price tag just steered me back towards procharger seeing as how I can just swap the head unit and I got a REALLY good deal on the intercooler.

I have a boost cam going in as well as diamond forged pistons, forged rods, bearings, and rings.

NEED ADVICE HERE: The high flow cats will be coming off and catless connection pipes going on. Should I stick with the kooks 1 7/8 headers or upgrade to the 2" headers? I found a killer deal on a set. Either way, cats are gone

I'd really like to run %100 e85, which is doable, but I'd like to not run meth if I can help it. Problem is after talking to Pray, I may have to run it in the summer months just to help lower the IAT's. Not sure yet, i'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. I'm hoping with the much larger intercooler and if I need it the help of either a killer chiller or a coolant expansion tank I might get away without using it.

The other fork in the road is do I go aux fuel port injection set up or upgrade all the DI stuff? With the port injection stuff I'll need an aftermarket intake manifold then all the stuff to do the port injection. If i go DI i can just retain the stock manifold but it is a little more expensive.

For port injection I think it would be awesome to use the holley hi ram intake with some fuel rails on the side and be one of the only 6th gens running around with the hi ram intake. I know I would need a larger cowl hood but damn it would look cool under there. But I have been thinking about a G1Pro, procharger intake, and MSD intake as well.

For the DI route I'd go with the lingenfelter high pressure fuel pump, the FIC DI high flow injectors, and probably an LT4 lowside pump (if needed a boost a pump on it as well). I think with e85 that should be able to get me pretty damn close to 1000whp.

Not related to horsepower but I also have in/on the car:
Carbon fiber cowl hood weighs 8lbs
carlyle racing 15" conversion kit
Braum elite series seats, harness bar, and 5 point harnesses

Any guidance, information, experience would be appreciated.
No question move to the 2 inch headers for this power level worth about 30 RWHP over the 1 7/8 at 1000 HP capable build.

Personally I would recommend staying on race gas and going the DI route, the E-85 is good and cheap but really leans on the fuel requirements as you need aprox 30% more liquid fuel for the same power level.

I would go Fore innovations triple pump -8 feed and return and FC3 controller for fuel delivery to the HPFP.

Meth injection will be needed above 15 psi boost to keep IAT in check if running more than an 1/8 mile.

Any questions give me a call 203-753-7223
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
ShizzySupra

Drives: 16' Camaro 2SS
^Finally someone that keeps it realistic with the fuel suggestions.
ShizzySupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
On the fore innovations, I assume it would be the c7 kit since they have nothing listed for the Camaro post 2015 and the C7 had the lt1 DI engine?

Is that an in tank kit only with controller? What injectors and hpfp is used if not included in this kit?
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
On the fore innovations, I assume it would be the c7 kit since they have nothing listed for the Camaro post 2015 and the C7 had the lt1 DI engine?

Is that an in tank kit only with controller? What injectors and hpfp is used if not included in this kit?
Yes in tank kit with FC3 controller, I heard they had them but may not be on the site yet not sure.

No injector hor HPFP is included.

You can choose those components based on your power goal.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
Inkedmongo

So that kit installs in place of the low side fuel system, taps into the HPFP via hardware, and forces so much fuel through the HPFP of choice that with upgraded injectors, you have the fuel supply capable of reaching high numbers without going secondary port injection systems such as 42autosports or Weapon X etc?
Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #11
Sixgunsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
No question move to the 2 inch headers for this power level worth about 30 RWHP over the 1 7/8 at 1000 HP capable build.

Personally I would recommend staying on race gas and going the DI route, the E-85 is good and cheap but really leans on the fuel requirements as you need aprox 30% more liquid fuel for the same power level.

I would go Fore innovations triple pump -8 feed and return and FC3 controller for fuel delivery to the HPFP.

Meth injection will be needed above 15 psi boost to keep IAT in check if running more than an 1/8 mile.

Any questions give me a call 203-753-7223
Thank you for the information! I already pulled the trigger on the 2" headers with catless mid pipes just received the tracking info a few minutes ago. Bought them super cheap from someone in the classified section. If this is going to be a driver and not just a race car though sticking with VP110 isn't really much of an option seeing as how it is $9.00 a gallon. Thats the main reason I would like to run e85. That and the more timing you can run with it plus it burns cooler than regular 93 if I'm not mistaken. The other additional benefit of the port injection is cleaning the valve gunk. If I were to stay with the DI how often would I have to clean the valvetrain? I ordered a might mouse catch can good for 1200hp to help with that issue as well. So the fore system with the LT4 HPFP and LT4 injectors will get me to the 1000hp level? or would I have to run the Lingenfelter stuff? One last thing, so your telling me there is no way to keep IAT's in check without using meth for 1/4 or 1/2 mile racing?
15" conversion
Port injection

Last edited by Sixgunsled; 07-24-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:11 AM   #12
Inkedmongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad1le View Post
Sorry but 1000 hp on a D1or f1a. blower won’t happen need something bigger
And if does will have belt problems spinning it too fast
Uh, alright, I am listening...
Old 07-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #13
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
Uh, alright, I am listening...
I wouldn’t hold your breath, because what he said doesn’t even make any sense lol. The biggest blowers ARE prochargers. Not to mention there are guys in the 8’s in the 1/4 and their belts don’t seem to slip..
Old 07-25-2018, 06:50 AM   #14
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I agree with Mr Jannetty that IATs are going to rise quickly with just an air-to-air intercooler while running enough boost for 1000 rwhp. I know you don't want methanol injection, but how about water/meth running windshield washer solvent? Then you'd be around 35% meth, so a failure of that system would not be as drastic a fuel loss as with a 100% methanol system. I'm guessing here that your aversion to the meth system is this risk (system failure likely leading to engine failure when the engine was depending on the system for so much of it's fuel supply)?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote