Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-16-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So are you guys saying that the double tap competition mode even though both lights saying TC and Stabilitrak is off, is different then holding the button down for 10 seconds ?
Sorry if I seem brain dead but it sounds to me like yall are saying that competition mode still pulls power away when wheel spin is sensed even though TC is off. I just dont want the damn thing pulling power , so do I double tap or do I hold it for 10 seconds ??? , good lord what happen to my box of jets and timing light..
I'm with you on that one. Do we tap or hold??
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #16
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
So are you guys saying that the double tap competition mode even though both lights saying TC and Stabilitrak is off, is different then holding the button down for 10 seconds ?
Sorry if I seem brain dead but it sounds to me like yall are saying that competition mode still pulls power away when wheel spin is sensed even though TC is off. I just dont want the damn thing pulling power , so do I double tap or do I hold it for 10 seconds ??? , good lord what happen to my box of jets and timing light..
dysan answered ur question

"2 taps is competition mode and just disables TC. If you hold it for 10 seconds it turns off TC and Stabilitrak. AFIAK. "

holding the button turns off tc & stabilitrak.

Stabilitrak Adjusts engine torque and/or brake pressure at the individual wheels to get you back on your intended path. it's a life saver if you're heading for the sidewall @ the 1320.

personally i'm all for the 2 taps. the competition mode has really badass shift points and it allows you to launch hard with smashing the brake & gas to the floor at the same time without moving....
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #17
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
From the Manual:

I think we still need a clear understanding of the differences between

Single Tap - TC OFF
10 Second Hold - TC/Stabilitrak OFF
Double Tap - Competitive mode TC/Stabilitrak Lights come on. (Is this the same as the 10 second hold)?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #18
Dysan911

Doing a little research on the forum on this topic seems to suggest the following.

Single Tap = TC OFF only.

Double Tap = Competitive Mode enables driving modes like Launch Control, etc and Does the same thing as the 10 second HOLD.

10 second Hold = Turns off everything but doesn't enable the launch control modes and timers, etc.

I don't use those launch features anyway but if it's the same as doing the 10 second hold then it's just a quicker way to do that.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Doing a little research on the forum on this topic seems to suggest the following.

Single Tap = TC OFF only.

Double Tap = Competitive Mode enables driving modes like Launch Control, etc and Does the same thing as the 10 second HOLD.

10 second Hold = Turns off everything but doesn't enable the launch control modes and timers, etc.

I don't use those launch features anyway but if it's the same as doing the 10 second hold then it's just a quicker way to do that.
Competitive Mode leaves Stabilitrak on but let’s you slide a bit before helping you catch the drift. It’s not the same as the ten second hold. Basically it lets you drive crazy but will save you from doing something really dumb.

Ten second hold turns everything off. Totally off.

For most of us, Competitive Mode will make us faster like it does for me.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #20
chris12
The "Thing"

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss,Whipple,R888R,A8
DapperDan I love your quote"wheres my timing light and jets" I just went to the CF8 and i didnt see one car on jack stands, no body running valves, or even charging the battery. The only tool is now a laptop oh yeah and a jug of fuel. The jugs still look the same as i remembered.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #21
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Competitive Mode leaves Stabilitrak on but let’s you slide a bit before helping you catch the drift. It’s not the same as the ten second hold. Basically it lets you drive crazy but will save you from doing something really dumb.

Ten second hold turns everything off. Totally off.

For most of us, Competitive Mode will make us faster like it does for me.
Awesome!. Thanks for clearing that up better. So double tap (Comp mode) sounds like the best option for daily street use..
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 AM   #22
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Pretty sure competitive mode will still let you do donuts, so I'm not sure how it determines when to activate stabilitrak. Maybe only at high speed and extreme slip angles together???
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote