Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #267
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
47k plus how much on the ADM?
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:17 AM   #268
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
480hp and will likely still post an ET slower than a base GT on A/S tires. Hopefully they will offer the Power Packs to boost the GT to the same level.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #269
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
47k plus how much on the ADM?
It will be interesting to see. I don't recall much if any ADM on the previous gen Bullitt's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
480hp and will likely still post an ET slower than a base GT on A/S tires. Hopefully they will offer the Power Packs to boost the GT to the same level.
Also interesting to see. Also wouldn't shock me to see the Bullitt engine become standard for the GT once it's run is done.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #270
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It will be interesting to see. I don't recall much if any ADM on the previous gen Bullitt's

Also interesting to see. Also wouldn't shock me to see the Bullitt engine become standard for the GT once it's run is done.
Just like any other new model the buyers who need to have the very first cars delivered, will pay a premium. The patient folks will get the deals a few months later.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #271
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
More than likely the Bullitt is a normal 2018 5.0 with whatever new Ford Racing power packs that are coming out for the base cars already installed. More than likely just a intake and tune.

At least..that's mostly what the 2008/2009 Bullitt cars were, then the 2010 GT had the same engine.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #272
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
More than likely the Bullitt is a normal 2018 5.0 with whatever new Ford Racing power packs that are coming out for the base cars already installed. More than likely just a intake and tune.

At least..that's mostly what the 2008/2009 Bullitt cars were, then the 2010 GT had the same engine.
They added the new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold, and added a tune.

Can't stand that green paint though. I know why they did it, but unfortunately it looks like Ford had some leftover paint from the 2000's Eddie Bauer Edition Explorer. Steve McQueen was cool back in the 70's and all, but let's not start bringing back shag carpeting and whatnot... Somethings are better off left in the past.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #273
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
They added the new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold, and added a tune.

Can't stand that green paint though. I know why they did it, but unfortunately it looks like Ford had some leftover paint from the 2000's Eddie Bauer Edition Explorer. Steve McQueen was cool back in the 70's and all, but let's not start bringing back shag carpeting and whatnot... Somethings are better off left in the past.
Well the problem that Ford keeps repeating is that they're using *Dark* Highland Green. The original 390 GT that was in Bullitt (or should I say, the original trio of cars) were in Highland Green..no dark part.

DHG was exactly as you say..a leftover truck/SUV paint of similar code that they just used due to being lazy.

It's just that heritage thing, but certain colors don't fit in now like they did then.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #274
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
The new Bullitt should have been in “need for green” with an alcantara shifter knob and carbon fiber wheels... this ain’t the 70’s

Dafuq.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #275
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
The new Bullitt should have been in “need for green” with an alcantara shifter knob and carbon fiber wheels... this ain’t the 70’s

Dafuq.
I don't think they should have brought the bullitt back at all.

They should have brought back the Mach 1 and made it 485 HP/435 TQ, Force Racing Track Pack suspension being standard, 6 pot brembo front, GT350 4 pot brembo rear. Active exhaust standard. Base Mach 1 being a cloth interior, electronics pack car. Optional leather/nav/etc.

Stick it at $45,995 starting, optioned up to $48,999.

It would be exactly what the original Mach was..a step up but not to the Boss levels (IE at that time the B429)
Old 03-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #276
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
I don't think they should have brought the bullitt back at all.

They should have brought back the Mach 1 and made it 485 HP/435 TQ, Force Racing Track Pack suspension being standard, 6 pot brembo front, GT350 4 pot brembo rear. Active exhaust standard. Base Mach 1 being a cloth interior, electronics pack car. Optional leather/nav/etc.

Stick it at $45,995 starting, optioned up to $48,999.

It would be exactly what the original Mach was..a step up but not to the Boss levels (IE at that time the B429)
I agree with almost everything you've stated, save for the powerplant, My take on what Mach1 should have been or would have been is a 3.5-4.0EB car, the engine architecture allows this, with an optional A10. Tuned to an appropriate 485ish hp and 500ish tq.This way the HP output puts it above GT but below the Shelby offerings but out torques both.

Here are the reason why this makes sense:

· The drive train components are available.
· Increasing Mustang's association with the Ecoboost name is only good for Ford marketing.
· This allows Ford to "test the waters" for the take rate of a TTv6 in a performance oriented Mustang still in the GT's price range, the upper part anyway.

The cons:

·Ford may lose the buyers stuck with that ever present "but, but, muh vee-aight motuur" crowd.

If the 3.5EB shows a take rate near that of F-150 then I could see them moving GT over to an EB v6 by gen8...Which I think we all know IS coming.

By no means am I advocating that they remove the v8 from Mustang's line up, just move it into the upper tier offering. Would this upset people? Sure, primarily the enthusiasts. But we are a small group no matter how you cut it. Besides, enthusiasts as we have always found ways to carry on as the times and tech change. We adapt and we carry on.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #277
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Well the problem that Ford keeps repeating is that they're using *Dark* Highland Green. The original 390 GT that was in Bullitt (or should I say, the original trio of cars) were in Highland Green..no dark part.

DHG was exactly as you say..a leftover truck/SUV paint of similar code that they just used due to being lazy.

It's just that heritage thing, but certain colors don't fit in now like they did then.
Side by side, the new car and the original car are not that far off on color, though.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #278
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Side by side, the new car and the original car are not that far off on color, though.
The new one is an emerald color, where the original is olive. Not quite the same. Close. But perhaps they thought the original needed some improvement. The new one may sell more than a more original color. There are folks that like it. I would rather have a bullitt in kona blue but, then it wouldn't be a bullitt. You can get a bullitt in black though...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #279
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Ford already has plans for a Mach1
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #280
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Ford already has plans for a Mach1
Hard to tell where they are going with that. I get the impression that they are considering doing something like Chevy did (and wisely stopped doing) with SS. I think they are considering a line of electric based performance vehicles, ranging from a coupe to a performance SUV. If they are listening to public reaction to anything other than a Mustang wearing a Mach I badge, they'll slowly back-pedal away from that and act like it never happened.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote