Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #29
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Next time you order something online make them ship signature required...problem solved.
I literally just had a customer that signed for a $1800 appliance, he noticed the packaging was damaged and signed for it anyways. It was damaged, he called me demanding I send him a brand new one to replace the damaged one. I told him I needed to file a damage claim with the shipping co. and he started screaming at me! Calling ME every 4 letter word in the book on top of it!
If people are reasonable, this stuff usually works itself out.
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #30
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rh8rtampa View Post
This is not a shipping problem this is a service problem. I received the product it was broken. When I shipped it back along with the pictures of the broken product they promised to send me a new one that wasn't broken. They shipped me back the exact same broken part I shipped back to them. This has been ongoing for months. I made a specific mark on the one I shipped back because i wanted to see if they would try to fix it and send it back.. They did send it back but never even attempted to fix the piece that was broken off.
I was responding to some other posts in here. I respect your issue for what it is. I didn't want to imply any confusion.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #31
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
This is not a shipping problem this is a service problem. I received the product it was broken. When I shipped it back along with the pictures of the broken product they promised to send me a new one that wasn't broken. They shipped me back the exact same broken part I shipped back to them. This has been ongoing for months. I made a specific mark on the one I shipped back because i wanted to see if they would try to fix it and send it back.. They did send it back but never even attempted to fix the piece that was broken off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
I was responding to some other posts in here. I respect your issue for what it is. I didn't want to imply any confusion.
Same here. OP's example is really just customer service by RPI. Others brought up the "missing package" examples.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #32
G8rh8rtampa

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Same here. OP's example is really just customer service by RPI. Others brought up the "missing package" examples.
I appreciate everyones insight here.
G8rh8rtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #33
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
My comment was about the lack of customer service. Stuff gets broken in shipping all the time, not a surprise. The lack of response is the biggest issue here. And even if it was UPS or FedEx's fault, a good "motivated" seller will jump in to help make it right. Nothing has to be given away for free. Take some initiative and it will pay dividends when people praise your amazing service. Or you can just put the blame on others and call it a day
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #34
G8rh8rtampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
My comment was about the lack of customer service. Stuff gets broken in shipping all the time, not a surprise. The lack of response is the biggest issue here. And even if it was UPS or FedEx's fault, a good "motivated" seller will jump in to help make it right. Nothing has to be given away for free. Take some initiative and it will pay dividends when people praise your amazing service. Or you can just put the blame on others and call it a day
I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #35
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
We try our best to make sure our products get to our customer undamaged , unfortunately the shipping companies do not feel the same and in this case the product was damaged in shipping to the customer. When the item gets damaged the customer is unhappy and we get stuck because the shipping company never ends up paying the for the damage part. (every claim for a damage part always gets denied, they have so many loop holes it is not even funny) So in this cases the item was picked up by us and returned to the shop. It was determined by the shop manager that the part could be repaired and would be as strong as new. The tab that was broken was in a concealed location that would not be seen once installed. The initial time delay was from the part being on back order and delayed getting to us originally for paint, we could not get another one quick enough to make a quick turn around time so repairing it was the best option on the table. The shop manager himself did the repair and the part was inspected and reshipped again. The customer received it back and indicated that the tab that was repaired and inspected was not on the grille or even in the box?? We did offer to send out another new grille, we could get one now quicker and would be able to ship out in two weeks time.
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #36
G8rh8rtampa

not exactly true

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
We try our best to make sure our products get to our customer undamaged , unfortunately the shipping companies do not feel the same and in this case the product was damaged in shipping to the customer. When the item gets damaged the customer is unhappy and we get stuck because the shipping company never ends up paying the for the damage part. (every claim for a damage part always gets denied, they have so many loop holes it is not even funny) So in this cases the item was picked up by us and returned to the shop. It was determined by the shop manager that the part could be repaired and would be as strong as new. The tab that was broken was in a concealed location that would not be seen once installed. The initial time delay was from the part being on back order and delayed getting to us originally for paint, we could not get another one quick enough to make a quick turn around time so repairing it was the best option on the table. The shop manager himself did the repair and the part was inspected and reshipped again. The customer received it back and indicated that the tab that was repaired and inspected was not on the grille or even in the box?? We did offer to send out another new grille, we could get one now quicker and would be able to ship out in two weeks time.
The piece that was broken was the piece that attaches it to the car. There was no tab to screw in the new grill. Yes i did ship the broken grill back and i was shipped the same broken grill. Nothing was repaired. It was still missing the broken tab.
Again the grill was never repaired and when I called Don telling him that they shipped me back the same broken grill he had absolutely no idea and asked if i was sure the grill had actually made it back to their shop and just not returned to me by the shipping company. I could attach all the email correspondence as well to back up my case.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #37
G8rh8rtampa

this is what it is supposed to look like

This is the other side of the grill showing what it is supposed to look like. I don't put broken half ass parts on my cars that I pay a premium price for. Also notice the over spray and uneven tape line on the "custom" paint
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #38
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I don't put broken half ass parts on my cars that I pay a premium price for.

Unless they offered a pretty steep discount, could not agree more. I don't see how this tab could have been satisfactorily repaired, and even if it was, you should not be paying full price.

I typically don't jump to conclusions when users post negative vendor feedback here since some people are overly and outspokenly critical about the quality of a part or service. But in this case, it looks pretty one-sided in favor of the OP. It sounds like RPI Designs had good intentions to try to limit their losses while maintaining customer satisfaction, but if I were them, I'd count my losses at this point and silently issue a refund while eating the cost of return shipping. Otherwise, they're just going to dig a deeper hole and get a bad rep on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
When the item gets damaged the customer is unhappy and we get stuck because the shipping company never ends up paying the for the damage part. (every claim for a damage part always gets denied, they have so many loop holes it is not even funny)
I don't disagree that most shipping couriers in the US really suck. They are overworked and don't take proper precautions to handle packages as a consequence. However, in this case, somebody is ultimately "paying." If the seller can't settle a claim with the shipper, I don't see how this is a customer responsibility. Especially if the damage can't be confirmed on receipt until the package is opened.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #39
G8rh8rtampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

Unless they offered a pretty steep discount, could not agree more. I don't see how this tab could have been satisfactorily repaired, and even if it was, you should not be paying full price.

I typically don't jump to conclusions when users post negative vendor feedback here since some people are overly and outspokenly critical about the quality of a part or service. But in this case, it looks pretty one-sided in favor of the OP. It sounds like RPI Designs had good intentions to try to limit their losses while maintaining customer satisfaction, but if I were them, I'd count my losses at this point and silently issue a refund while eating the cost of return shipping. Otherwise, they're just going to dig a deeper hole and get a bad rep on the forums.

I don't disagree that most shipping couriers in the US really suck. They are overworked and don't take proper precautions to handle packages as a consequence. However, in this case, somebody is ultimately "paying." If the seller can't settle a claim with the shipper, I don't see how this is a customer responsibility. Especially if the damage can't be confirmed on receipt until the package is opened.
Thank you for the comments. Believe me I wouldn't waste my time or anyone else time making a post about something I didn't feel strongly about. I don't care about the $250 i paid for this part I wanted other people to know what my experience was so hopefully they think twice before ordering from this company. These are my cars currently and I do spend a lot of money customizing all of them exactly the way I want them. I want my cars perfect and am very fortunate to be able to afford most things I choose to do.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #40
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Maybe if you didn't hate the Gators...

chomp chomp

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:08 PM   #41
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I would not accept a broken part like that. Sad that a customer goes through that. As they say, vote with the pocket book.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #42
G8rh8rtampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
Maybe if you didn't hate the Gators...

chomp chomp
I'm impressed. Very few get that from my email and username. I had to look at my cars to see if there was Seminole plates or anything showing.