Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #15
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
have read many times that Oracles stuff is bad, has kept me from ever considering buying anything from them

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #16
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
have read many times that Oracles stuff is bad, has kept me from ever considering buying anything from them
^^^ Exactly this, plus my car is a Muscle car, not a Honda Civic or a Dodge Neon. The factory halos are all I need (although I did upgrade the disgustingly yellow facory fog light bulbs to non-Oracle LEDs.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #17
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jgunn65 View Post
When I first got my 2011 SS, first thing I ordered was a mail slot scanner light. Lasted about 8 months. Reached out to Phastek; there response-"mail in the part and we will think about what to do" Result-warranty expired, not our problem. Me being the "intelligent one" who is glutting for punishment. Ordered another one. Six months later, same thing went through the same process, same result. This time Phastek refers the blame on Oracle and refers me to them. Same response.
Lesson to be learned: For those of us that work for a living and cannot afford to "piss" money away. Purchase your products from a reputable vendor because it may seem like a good value but it will cost you more in the long. You can bet that I will never deal with these clowns ever again.
Mr.Jgunn65,

Sorry about your experience with us. I do wish that you had contacted us again so we could see what we could do about getting you taken care of.

After reading your post we did realize that some of the statements were not made by Phastek, as stated above. Below is a screen shot of the email conversation that we have for you. I did remove your email address to make sure that your personal information is not available.

Here are some facts that we know.

Friday 2/19 @ 11:30 am - your order was placed for a White Oracle Pre-bent scanner.
Friday 2/19 @ 4:25 pm - your order shipped via USPS

I checked the tracking number and I am not able to find out when the package shows delivery. Since the tracking number is months old, it is no longer valid. But typically it takes about 2 business days for the package to show delivered for our Houston location to GA. We will give it some time and say that the scanner was delivered on Wednesday 2/24. Since the order was placed on a Friday and there is the weekend that USPS does not ship on.

Fast forward to 4 months later........

Monday 6/13 @ 12:00 pm - you sent us a message through our site, here is your message "To whom it may concern, I purchased a white Nite rider Scanner Lite (22'' mail slot fitment type) abut 6 months ago. I am truly happy with the exception of the following: It will not respond to the remote control. I have changed the batteries several time and I am have the same problem. I was hoping I could get some guidance to solve this issue. Thank you for your time."
Monday 6/13 @ 12:04 pm - we replied stating this and attached the Oracle warranty information "Hello Jarnard,The scanner bars are very sensitive to the ground connection. Double check all of your connections. It this does not fix it, we have attached the Oracle warranty info. "

The reason we stated the above statement is because we have seen plenty of these scanners not have a proper ground which could cause no communication between the remote and scanner. We did attach the Oracle warranty information for you in-case you wanted to send the scanner in under warranty for repair or replacement. Oracle does cover their scanners for 1 year and you did fall under the warranty time frame, you were never told that you were out of warranty or that it would be denied.

Attached to this post is the Oracle warranty form that we sent just for everyone to see.

Since the emails on 6/13 we have not heard from you about the issue. We figured that you had solved the problem and everything was good. According to our notes we have not gotten a phone call or another email from you about this issue.

If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a call.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Phastek Warranty.pdf (277.8 KB, 682 views)
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote